Halo 3

Incronaut

I haven't played it in a while... Its great fun with friends.

I don't understand why people rip on this game, its FPS refined and honed to incredibly balanced fun.

Halo used to be hella fun until it started getting obsessed over, Moronic Fan Boys claiming its the best game ever in matchmaking, playing with stupid 10 year olds who wont shut up. ect. Its a very over-rated game. In the time i have played CoD, I have NEVER come across as many online annoyances as i did on halo.

Halo, good game. But when people Obsessed over it, it ruined. So, now, i just call it Gaylo. Simple as that.

I found CoD's online much more fun to begin with aswell.

Me and my best friend played Halo 3 for a little while but it didn't really grab us like Halo 1 or 2 did.

Though it has a few memorable moments in the campaign, it doesn't quite make me want to play it over and over again.

I don't like how easy it is to get your hands on the good weapons, or how you don't really need to change weapons because most others are useless.

In Halo 2, it really builds up weapon wise, and you actually have to think hard on what weapon set to bring along. Sure that sniper is usefull, but how far are you gonna get with it in combination with your other weapon?

That made for some real strategy and fun replays of levels. But in Halo 3, you can easily blast through with your starting weapon set.

Halo 1 is a game I still play nearly every day. Campaign never gets old, save for one or two levels, and online clan play is hilarious :D (we have some of the top ranking UK servers too).

I thought Halo 3 would mix the best things of both prequels and make for one uber game, but I was really disappointed with it ;_;

Halo, good game. But when people Obsessed over it, it ruined. So, now, i just call it Gaylo. Simple as that.

I always thought this reasoning was retarded. You've got something of a point on the multiplayer experience, but seriously. "I was into it before it was cool, now it's popular so it sucks" is utterly moronic.

I thought Halo 3 would mix the best things of both prequels and make for one uber game, but I was really disappointed with it ;_;

I've felt that while Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo 1 mechanically speaking (that is, the engine and the gameplay balance increased with each game in the series), from a storytelling perspective Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3. Halo 1 had an original and interesting story, Halo 2's was good but not spectacular (and was sort of killed by its non-ending), while Halo 3's was a rehash of 1 and 2 with a healthy dose of character derailment on top.

i still love h3 - i played h2 so much that i knew every spawn point on every map, both in multi and in single player. i play h3 occasionally and still haven't bothered to beat it on legendary, so if anyone wants to at some point...

my only issue with it is that so many people have found ways to cheat (mostly by bridging and the like). it seems i rarely play a game that doesn't end with someone quitting or getting lagged out.

I could never stick with Halo 3 in large quantities. It's just too slow for me, so I'd always get bored after 15-20mins of playing online.

I feel the same way.

Everything about Halo 3 just disappointed me. The online was an improvement over Halo 2 in term of balance and new weapon selection, but it wasn't groundbreaking or new or even interesting in any way. The campaign was bland and the story sucked...I dunno. It just didn't do it for me. I feel that Halo 2 is in every way (except for maybe graphics) a better game. But that may just be me.

I always thought this reasoning was retarded. You've got something of a point on the multiplayer experience, but seriously. "I was into it before it was cool, now it's popular so it sucks" is utterly moronic.

I look at it in this perspective, It is still an amazing game, but SO MANY people obsess over it, theres a video on YouTube, of a kid who created all of the Weapons and made removeable clips for them =/..

I just plain dont like the community at all.

The gameplay from Halo 2 to Halo 3. BARELY changed. A few control changes new weapons and vehicles and story line, and the amazing multi is still there.

Thats why I do not like it.

Just goes to show how Over-Rated the Halo Franchise is when you get Halo armour in the Fable 2 LE.:|

I just plain dont like the community at all.

Which is fine, but it doesn't change the game any. No one's saying that you have to like Halo fanboys, the annoying fanboys isn't a reason to dislike the game. It should be judged on its own merits -- which, as you said (and I agree with you) is nothing more or less than a slight improvement over Halo 2.