OverClocked ReMix Artists on OurStage Need Your Support (FINALS)

zircon

Hello and welcome back to the OverClocked ReMix on OurStage thread! Don't know what OurStage is? Skip to the FAQ a little lower down in this post.

November 28th: Semifinals begin!

Thanks to YOUR support for these great songs, we've managed to enter six into the semifinals, which will last for all of the 28th and 29th. Keep up the good work and we could get a record FIVE artists into the finals, with a shot at $5,000. Who wouldn't want that?

* Audix with "Super Wonderful (Audix Remix)" in Electronic/Electro-Pop

* Beatdrop with "Air" in Techno

* Jillian Goldin with "What Child Is This" in Holiday/Seasonal

* Skrypnyk with "Medium 6" in Ambient/Chill

* Skrypnyk with "Untitled" in Techno

* zircon w/ Jillian Goldin, "Breathing You In" in Club/Dance

FAQ

What is OurStage?

A monthly song contest with tens of thousands of entries and dozens of genres. Anyone can enter for free - if you're an artist, you should too! Most of each month is spent determining the top 20 songs in any given category. In the last seven days of the month, only the top songs remain. The quarterfinals contain the top 20 songs of each genre, while the semifinals cut it down to the top 10 in each, to selet the #1 song in each genre. The winners of the semifinals all receive a $100 prize.

During the finals (on the last day of the month), the winners from the semifinals go on to compete against each other for a $5,000 grand prize.

Artists from OCR have been successful on OurStage so far, due in part to the assistance of people like you! Both Jill Goldin (pixietricks) and sgx have won the grand prize.

How can I help?

First, register an account at www.OurStage.com - it's free and takes less than a minute.

Then, click "Judge" and navigate to a category where an OC ReMixer is competing. You can see the list of songs, artists, and categories we are competing in earlier in this very post.

You will be presented with a pair of songs. You cannot choose which songs to vote on, as the system is randomized. Listen to at least 15 seconds of each song, and then select which song you like more, and by how much. When you vote favorably for a song, you encourage that song to move up in the rankings.

NOTE: Once you have listened to at least 15 seconds of any given song, you never have to listen to that song again for the remainder of the round (ie. quarterfinals). This will save you time when you want to vote quickly in hundreds of rounds.

Anything else I should know?

Please do not cheat to support OCR artists. Do not create alt accounts or use any kind of automated scripts. Do not simply vote against popular song ("voting down") to help us. No one in the running for the grand prize wants an illegitimate victory.

If you don't want to contribute your time or support the ReMixers listed because you don't enjoy their music, please do not feel any pressure to. OCR's involvement on OurStage is unofficial as it is simply individual ReMixers.

What's in it for me?

OurStage is a great place to discover new music. I personally have found a bunch of great artists there, and a ton of great songs. Plus, you get a sense of satisfaction knowing that you helped ReMixers who have put in countless hours of time into this community in the form of free ReMixes.

Audix: No Christmas Epic for me to vote on this month? It's a shame it didn't make the cut, assuming you submitted it.

Anyway, I think I look forward to hearing the crazy random pieces more than the pieces of the people I know (especially ones I've heard before). There's always at least one track that blows me away every month, and one track where I can't understand what the artist was thinking (or the voters that got them this far, for that matter).

I don't keep track of this, but is this Xerol and Jewbei's first time at the quarterfinals stage?

I'll try to get to this before the finals stage on the last day this time. I keep getting real busy around the last 2-3 days of the month and end up missing the deadline for voting. KF

With 24 hours left in the quarterfinals, a bunch of our tracks are really doing well. However, the following still need some love. If you like 'em, take a listen and cast some votes:

* "Labyrinth" by zircon in Ambient

* "Air" by Beatdrop in Techno

* "Arigato" by Jewbei in Club/Dance

* "Brushless Motor" by Xerol in Experimental

Remember, we just need to be in the top 10 to pass the quarters and into the semifinals. Anything you can do to help is appreciated!

Nice job guys! Five OCReMixers and six songs made it into the semifinals. The top tracks from each category will win $100 and move on to the finals for a shot at $5,000... your continued support is GREATLY appreciated. Just think of all the free ReMixes we've created over the years. ;)

Every vote really does count. Also, in the semis, there are only 45 rounds per category, meaning it is much easier to vote now than it was before.

• 2 months later...

FEBRUARY 2009 ourstage

www.ourstage.com/judge

Hey guys, instead of starting a new topic just thought I would bump this old one.

There's about one hour left to vote for semifinals. So far we've got:

Audix - Club/Dance - Visions

Audix - Techno - White Rain

I really dislike pandering for votes, but not enough to stop me from posting this I suppose. :< Thanks to any who may jump in to vote tonight! Semis go by really fast; it really only takes about 15 minutes to go through a category.