Yoshi's Cookie - Happy Hardcore? WIP

Meteo Xavier

It bothers me that no one else seems to care about this song, so I've been working on to remix it.

This is the blueprint:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/522492011b4b7d8f/

This is the version I'm working on:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5224922790cb57c7/

I'm not trying to do it as a straight and simple techno or trance song, just a decently electronic one. I'm aware of several problems already, but any feedback or direction you can lead me into is fine. Mostly I'm concerned its not energetic or radiant enough and that the instrumentation is stiff.

No source link, no source comment.

Starts off strong. You could put a intro there, make it a little less shocking for people who've got their headphones/speaker on too loud. At least you've mastered that.

There's a little clicking sound used towards the end that's really annoying. All that gets through is the high-range click. Consider dropping it, or at least EQing it to be less painful.

The mix here is a bit problematic. Giving the pad more bass and cutting some bass from the saw lead would help a bit. Stereo delay on the arp in the bg might give it a wider backgorund sound, and the other background melody could have some of its highs cut.

And cut the volume on your lead, a lot of the time it's way too strong. In fact, kill it compeltely, then raise it to a comfortable level. You should probably drop sustain and decay a bit, on both volume and filter envelopes.

I'm also notcing you don't have a bass, at least not a short note bass instrument, which is interesting. Using a pad as bass works quite well here, imo.

Can't comment much on the writing, not knowing the source tune, but it's pretty repetitive. The writing is pleasant, tho, despite the repetition. A part B would be nice to have, along with intro, outro, and all that jazz.

Overall, it sounds promising. Nice work, man. Keep at it.