Importing Issue

Robotaki

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with FL Studio 5. For some reason, the program refuses to read .mp3s that I import into the browser or beat slicer. As a result, a lot of the percussion loops in .mp3 format that I used aren't working anymore. It seems as if FL Studio suddenly changed to only read .wav files. Whenever I try to import an mp3, it says Loading (filename).mp3 but doesn't play back at all when I try to play the sample in the program. The same goes for when I try to slice the .mp3 in the Fruity Slicer. No slices are made and there is no playback whatsoever. I hope I've been clear enough on my problem. Any thoughts, solutions?

Thanks a bunch!

• 1 month later...

did you reinstall windows or fl anytime recently? i had a similar problem happen to me, and it's related to how windows handles mp3 files. restrictions on the mp3 format mean that you've gotta actually install an mp3 codec system into your computer, and where it goes on install changes occasionally for some reason. fl probably just 'lost' it.

try reinstalling your hacked illegal downloaded torrented warez version of fl5 (lol, fl5...what a shitty release. there's a reason 6 came out like two months later) and see if that fixes it.

also, if you're in school, fl's got a huge discount with academic pricing websites.

FL 5 kicks major ass man. Yeah Christmas is around, along with the new year's revelation; maybe it's about time to *buy* FL 8. Buy's a scary word. Oh yeah I converted the files to .wav but they slice differently for some reason. Lame. Thanks anyway!

Seriously. Buy it. $180 I bought it. Most of the people around here bought it. When you Buy FL persay they Image-line finds out you have a cracked FL of theres right? Well, if I'm correct, when you buy FL you also buy the license to the music you make with it. otherwise its property of Image-Line.

I prefer version 7 myself.. and yes I bought it, boxed. Don't buy it boxed. Their little secret is you don't get the lifetime free updates unless you buy and download it online. At least that's how it was for 7, they might have changed that if they have any decency.

Unlike some of you, I can still hold left shift and click to slice things. Anyone miss that? =D