Final Fantasy 6 / Nas mashup

phossed

After years of occasionally lurking around OC remix, I've finally decided to try my hand at it. I'm not sure if a song like this is applicable, but what the heck. I plan to make a mixtape of my favorite rappers over beats from FF6 music that I make (similar to what DJ Ali Haeri did with Chrono Trigger), and this is the first track I've popped out with. Hope you all enjoy!

EDIT: working link now:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7C4LBDTQ

It's Nas - Made You Look with FF6 - Awakening

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Well, not really feedback, but like the Chrono Trigger Mixtape, I found this highly entertaining, if nothing else. I do like the way you varied the parts of Awakening that you used for different pieces of the song, not something I'd have ever thought to try but it worked ok, some parts better than others. Not familiar with the original (the Nas song that is) so can't comment on that part.

I can pretty well guarantee that anything like this would never make OCRemix, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't come out with something similar to the CT Mixtape, maybe with an FF6 theme or something. That way you wouldn't need to adhere to any standards, and could just sort of have fun with it. I definitely think there's room for this kind of thing out there, and you'd find an audience for it here, among other places.

oh man, i love checking out works in progress... i am love with this beat! this is a crazy mash-up. i really don't know what 2 say... this is how you do it.

what other games/songs/artists do u have in mind? this was a amazing match, it sounds like it could have been done in the studio. please do more mashups like this even though i dont think they would put this on oc-remix, keep it up! let me/everyone know whats up with this new ish sound...

man, what a mix...

if u do more FF6 songs, think about 'martial law', i love that song, and i think it could be mixed with this sound.

Thanks alot for the feedback, everyone. I do plan on making more FF6/hip hop mash up tracks before moving on to other VG soundtracks. I'm glad everyone seems to be digging this track.

Here's another link for it, this one shouldn't expire:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7C4LBDTQ

@Ramaniscence: Feel free to use my mix on whatever website, that would be cool.

@brothersum: Martial Law would be a great song to mix up, I'll definitely try my hand at that one too. The FF6 OST is pretty big, so I've got a lot to work with. :)

Hey - found you on here looking for more information about the Chrono Trigger mixtape and decided to make an account so I could let you know how impressed I am with this starting mashup.

I'm a huge fan of stuff like this and am always looking for more. Is there a website of yours I could visit, or will you continue to post in this thread? FF6 is one of my all time favorites as far as music goes, can't wait to hear what else you come up with.

Regards!

Tom

Heh, I'll admit that rap is certainly not my favorite genre... but this caught my ear in a good way.

I thought the mash was quite clever, how you spliced the FF6 track to coincide with the rap. If nothing else, it helped the rap track greatly... sadly, I personally think the rap brought down the FF6 track, but what can you do? That's just an opinion, here; I don't like rap, so adding rap to anything is bad to my ears :P

Great job, anyhow!

• 1 month later...
  • 13 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...