New purchases and the prospective outcome

Okay, so I've posted this around on my facebook a bit and had some responses, but I've been considering quite a few purchases for a new array of recording and playing tools and whatnot. Here is what I currently have in my usage:

Cakewalk Sonar 7.0 Producer

FruityLoops Studio XXL

My computer (all stuff run through an XFI Platinum, MIDI, Audio cables, and USB)

Gibson SG Faded 2008 (:-))

Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Hohner Black Acoustic (Sometimes borrow my brothers Yamaha)

Line 6 POD XT + metal shop + FX studio, floorboard

Behringer 2x12 amp

M-Audio Keystation 49e

Here are the things I'm considering getting:

New audio mics (for recording the acoustic, sometimes vocals)

Sonar 8

Addictive Drums

M-Audio Axiom 61

Simmons SD5K Electronic Drum Kit (has MIDI for using the soundfonts and my drum samples, I want something that I can use better than my keyboard/tracking to do drums)

VOX AC30 or Orange AD30

M-Audio Fast Track Pro Mobile

Optional - In case I feel like dropping $500 just for kicks, Spectrasonics Omnisphere :<

I'm heavily considering my first three purchases of those to be the new sonar, the mics, and addictive drums.

Any suggestions for different equipment?

• 4 weeks later...

As chance has it, I'm also looking into an M-Audio Axiom 61, seems very full featured and also very reasonably priced. The only other controllers I've found with a similar set of features are the CME UF60 / UF70, which are more expensive and have some stuff like wireless MIDI and breath controller input. So I guess if those interest you that's the only other thing I can think of to recommend right now.

I'd also be interested in any opinions either-way.

Although I love the Axiom 61, there is a problem with the keys being "sticky" for lack of a better term. I can't find it now, but I remember reading an article where a guy took his apart to see what the trouble was, and it turned out to be a suction cup-like effect created by some of the lubrication on the keys. It's an annoying problem that gets less annoying with time, although you may find it a deal breaker if you play your keys delicately looking for nuance and subtlety. I don't have that much of a problem because 75% of my playing involves mercilessly bashing the life out of the keys.

EDIT: Hope they fixed this in the axiom pro!

Axioms do have the habit of getting "stickykeys" but don't be fooled by the name, they just click the first press after not using them for a while. Mine is nowhere near as bad as that video, and I just press all of the keys once over with my arm real quick before making music, I don't even think about it. Don't let that be a deal breaker because It's not a problem at all. Actually, it's almost kind of fun to do, and after the first press they're fine.

That problem with the Axiom is curious. I don't think it'd bother me too much, especially if most aren't as bad as that vid. I wonder if the problem goes away over time with continued use, or if you just have get used to it. The thing bugging me more at the moment though is that an AC adapter doesn't come as standard, and using USB kinda bugs me.

I wonder if the problem goes away over time with continued use, or if you just have get used to it.
Mine hasn't gotten any better in more than a year of playing it every day, although as I said, if you're not playing nuanced keyboard parts it does become less noticeable.
The thing bugging me more at the moment though is that an AC adapter doesn't come as standard, and using USB kinda bugs me.
Just curious. Assuming you're using it to control softsynths, why does usb as the power source bug you?

ah well, I've got a rack module that gets a lot of use, and while I'm not currently using it independantly of the computer (connected via MIDI-out and line-in), it's a nice option to have available. i would prefer the keyboard not to be dependant on the system, as it seems like there's a higher chance of incompatibilies and other weird funk appearing (wouldn't be able to use it if the computer was out of action for any period, or if drivers weren't available for a given OS in future, or other software issues like latency that I don't get using MIDI in/out.. maybe other things too.) i'm still on XP SP1 too, so who knows, it may not even work with that (admittedly my fault, but yeah...)