*NO* Clock Tower 'Blood-Soaked Lament'

djpretzel

Goolancer... luv da name.

First Impressions:

The bass! It's out of control! W-w-w-what is this power?!!?

Seriously, I don't think it's just me, because the bass is so overwhelming that it's coming out of the non-subwoofer parts of my rig.

what's the guy saying? I can't tell whether it detracts from the song if you don't know, or if it adds a certain air of mystery.

But yeah... wash rinse repeat repeat repeat... with a bass that breaks spines.

Lasting Impressions:

It doesn't really go anywhere. The bass is unfathomably loud. It's repetative. I'm not sure what else to tell you, chief. It needs more craft to it. It has the atmosphere down, I think. Now it just needs something to hold up that atmosphere.

No

• 2 weeks later...

there's a synth patch in this that sounds like the 'horns of jericoh' preset on my waldorf microq. sure that information is useless, but it's a segue to me saying that i think that's a great sound. unfortunately i can't speak highly of anything else, the kick is pretty cool but yikes it is loud.

the lofi vox samples are sorta annoying. overall there's just not a lot going on here. this track is only 2:50 but it feels longer. i haven't reviewed the original so i don't know how close this is but given the arrangement as-is i can't pass it.

no

• 2 weeks later...

Not much else to say, so I'll just summarize:

• (1) Chromatics and organ bassline are repetitious
    (2) Percussion overpowers the music
    (3) Gated vocals come off as arbitrary and irritating
    (4) The entire mix is repetitive

This feels long only because it feels boring. I would like to hear a rearrangement that I can enjoy listening to.

NO