Mega Man Wily's Revenge (GB) - Ending (piano improvisation)

Dafydd

It's not a real piano, but hey. I'd like to make a real remix out of this some day, hopefully some of you will enjoy this as it is, unpolished and unfinished and improvised.

www.ngst.nu/mmwrending.mp3

EDIT: Replaced the file with one that hasn't been normalized. I noticed the old mp3 distorted a lot which didn't sound very pleasant.

Source: http://www.zophar.net/music/gbs/mega-man.html (2 last tracks in the gbs)

I didn't feel like messing around with the .zip file, so I won't bother with any source comments. However, the production is pretty decent, the flow is decent and the ballad-like rhythm is an incredibly nice touch. I'm no pro at critiquing piano solos, so I'll wait for some one better to do so. Over all though, I didn't feel confused or get annoyed by anything, so that's a plus.

I recently played through and completed my Mega Man 5 for the GameBoy just last week. And about five month ago, I finally got Mega Man 2.

Oddly enough, there were two versions of Wily's Revenge. If you look on the rear boxart of the packaging, you will see Elec Man's level, but it features tiles that are not used anywhere in the game itself. The other version was never released in North America, but I think it was the European version.

I have no love for those two games since I never played them, but I think the Game Boy deserves more attention in general here at ocr.

I was thinking... if I ever wanted to get involved in another remix project, I had two ideas. One would be for Descent, because it's completely overlooked, and the other would be a giant collection of GameBoy game themes. It would only cover the old 8-bit system, so no GBA stuff, and it would be a general public release, not just an OCR one.

Maybe someday we should talk about it.

Now that you mention it, yes, I remember a screen shot of the game on the box not showing up in the game. But I have the european version.

This is the back of the European version,

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy/mega-man-dr-wilys-revenge/cover-art/gameCoverId,57470/

and it looks pretty different from in-game (Cut Man's stage).