Whooshy Intro build up

Hey I want to make a build up for my tune that starts low and ends high over a set amount of bars.

The best way I can describe it is like a whoosy sound, winding up until the drop. Does anyone know how to do this or where there are any good tutorials on it?

I've been searching for tutorials but seeing as I don't know a name for it i'm finding it hard to come by.

I hope you know what I mean! :oops:

Not sure exactly what you're going for, maybe you could show a youtube clip or something?

Anyway, you're probably hearing a lowpass filter on a synth or something. Try this:

-Open up 3xOSC

-Route it to mixer track 1

-Set all 3 oscillators to Noise (or static, or whatever, it should be the 2nd to last button before the question mark)

-Draw a long note

-Add a Fast LP effect to mixer track 1

-Put the Cutoff all the way down and the Q to maybe 6 or so

-Right click the Cutoff freq knob and hit Create Automation clip

-Drag the last point on the clip all the way to 100%

This should give a kind've swooshing sound when you play it on the playlist. You can mess with the tension of the automation clip and the Q of the LP filter to adjust it. Also, you should try it with other synths to see what effects you can get.

-Set all 3 oscillators to Noise (or static, or whatever, it should be the 2nd to last button before the question mark)

Noise + noise just makes it twice as loud. You only need a single noise oscillator, because (white) noise implies that all frequencies are sounding at the same time ;).

Noise + noise just makes it twice as loud. You only need a single noise oscillator, because (white) noise implies that all frequencies are sounding at the same time ;).

(technicality: a 3xOsc with noise+noise+noise is actually the same volume as one with noise*1 and the other two set to 0% volume, since the 3 volumes are relative)