Star Fox 64 ReOchestrated Credit's Done

MetroidHunter26

I made this with Finale PrintMusic2007 and I thought about submitting a remix here for a long time and I read that it accepts orchestrations so I thought I might as well see what work needs to be done in the song so. Here ya go.

All done by ear.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=26aad3ab9086a97d4012e8015643d9c89efe4b4626b401e3

but the MIDI is strange it alway's mixes up the instruments.

but what do you all think?

I'm confused. Didn't you already have a thread about this here? And somehow the quality is worse with this version. Did you link to the right file?

Even if you plan to record this live, as I remember you saying you were going to do in your last thread, it will not be appropriate for OCR. This is essentially a midi rip, even if it was "all done by ear," which I hope hope hope doesn't mean you spent hours and hours reconstructing a midi file.

This is not to be rude, but you can take a look at the submission standards here if you haven't done so already (see Arrangement) . Orchestra is great, but arrangement is essential for OCR, and this particular song is difficult to remix in the first place. If you do plan to submit something, I would not recommend this as a first source song, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, can you make me unconfused?

I'm confused. Didn't you already have a thread about this here? And somehow the quality is worse with this version. Did you link to the right file?

Even if you plan to record this live, as I remember you saying you were going to do in your last thread, it will not be appropriate for OCR. This is essentially a midi rip, even if it was "all done by ear," which I hope hope hope doesn't mean you spent hours and hours reconstructing a midi file.

This is not to be rude, but you can take a look at the submission standards here if you haven't done so already (see Arrangement) . Orchestra is great, but arrangement is essential for OCR, and this particular song is difficult to remix in the first place. If you do plan to submit something, I would not recommend this as a first source song, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, can you make me unconfused?

Thank you for clearing that up with me I did not know about that I guess I'll have to put it on hold or I'll just not submit it (wasn't realy a "Remix" but more of an ACTUALL Arrangment and not just a Remixed Arrangment) and to help you (TRY) to get unconfused that mp3 is from finale and the other mp3's were made in Fruity Loops wich I don't have anymore so...hope that helps and thanks for clarifying the rules I don't realy read rule. >__> I just try to behave see where it goes from there and to answer your by ear trascribing an Mp3 Midi file I couldn't necesarily go in and open it with finale and just fix it up the only way was to ear transcribe but it didn't take long I'm realy great at transcribing by ear. ;) hope I answerd your questions.

Thank you for clearing that up with me I did not know about that I guess I'll have to put it on hold or I'll just not submit it (wasn't realy a "Remix" but more of an ACTUALL Arrangment and not just a Remixed Arrangment) and to help you (TRY) to get unconfused that mp3 is from finale and the other mp3's were made in Fruity Loops wich I don't have anymore so...hope that helps and thanks for clarifying the rules I don't realy read rule. >__> I just try to behave see where it goes from there and to answer your by ear trascribing an Mp3 Midi file I couldn't necesarily go in and open it with finale and just fix it up the only way was to ear transcribe but it didn't take long I'm realy great at transcribing by ear. ;) hope I answerd your questions.

Well none of us is here to stop you from doing what you want to do, but I thought I'd let you know what was up before you submitted anything. Judging is a long, long process, so you want to be sure all the requirements have been met first. Are you interested in taking this song in a different direction or writing some original material for it? Having an orchestra play the source is one thing, but having them play something you wrote is a whole other feeling of accomplishment. Anyway, good luck.

I really like this :P

It reminds me of the legend of zelda music on the N64 :D

Not familiar with all the sources but I think that you should take the midi and put it in a better program that will create better sounding orchestral samples.

It may not be right for ocr perhaps, but I bet casual game lovers and star fox fans would love this.

Get it out there man :P

• 2 weeks later...