N/A

Native Dialect

The guitar sections were played and recorded by me on a Fender Squire. I unfortunately lack a proper microphone so I had to utilize my sennheiser headphones and plug them through the mic jack so that I could record the guitar.

The sound works surprisingly well. Sometimes the lofi way works the best.

Very pleasant track overall.

--Eino

One of my friends who is an elctronic music artist out here in L.A., told me the same thing about my rather bizzare/low budget approach to recording that section. He said it worked well for me. Glad to see he is not alone in that opinion. Thank you for the compliment. I've posted many WIP's before, but this may be the first one that I actually submit to OC Remix.

I think I remember one of your previous wips of this. Don't have time to compare the source.

Lofi seems to work well, but the repetition hurts it a bit. I'm also not a fan of the piano sound, it's muddy all by itself. Needs to be clearer, imo. Slicing your beat would make it more interesting, especially in the section before 2:09.

It's got groove all right. Sadly, it gets real repetitive, would be great if you'd have some additional drum patterns, even some processed thing that you can play on top of what you already have... some of the time. Some little embellishments on the bass and stuff would be nice too.

It's not ocready yet, but it seems like it could be. Keep at it.

Actually the drum pattern was the biggest problem I had. I am usually good about using more than one type of percussion. I enjoy the variance and recognize the benefit. This can be seen with one of my other WIPs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfYtBYpnCE&feature=channel_page

In this instance I had traditional drums, mixed with conga drums as well as a nice hi-hat/cymbal combo to give the song a real upbeat tempo. I later switch up the drum pattern for the bass heavy break down section. I have done similar things in an Ibuki mix (to a lesser extent) as well as a Sagat mix. The problem here is that the drum sample I used (which I cut myself) runs at a tempo of 95.627. That makes it impossible for me to use another sample (unless I want to go through the misery of trying to cut a similar tempo sample, and make it match that speed). I have considered using the drums included in Reason. I can't find any kits that seem like a suitable transition however...