ORC 117 - March Edition

Doulifée

Nothing stops you from voting for yourself in a private message

Except for the person your PMing, but that's beside the point of the issue at hand.

I could add validation against voting for oneself, I just never thought to; nobody has ever made this particular mistake until now.
I know... I'm a bit ashamed of it all now... :oops:

It should be common sense not to do that, which is an area that I tend to lack in at times. Sorry for the commotion I've caused.

This'll be my only offense, I promise. Sorry guys.

I can only hope for forgiveness from you all :puppyeyes:.

Wrong, there is nothing to stop you from voting for yourself in a private message. Whether your vote gets counted or not is an entirely different issue.

Compo admins can disregard votes and they ultimately control the scoring. Either way, you can vote for yourself but the person running the compo decides if and how your vote gets counted.

With the change to ThaSauce, I believe it's forgotten to mention in the voting rules. It's not wrong if people can vote for themselve, but if some people know and do it and others don't know it is. Like Zephyr, I agree a bonus is the best. A bonus first place (like in PRC) is the best because it makes it attractive to vote for remixers.

Voting for yourself (like I did in the FLMC Contest) can be an option, but it's a too big advance for the remixvoters (I'm too lazy to change this word).

With the change to ThaSauce, I believe it's forgotten to mention in the voting rules.
This was the real mix up that I was having... as I think I tried to say in the comments. Perhaps it's just an unwritten rule or law (or is written and I haven't found it).
It's not wrong if people can vote for themselves, but if some people know and do it and others don't know it is.
Sorry, and I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of the 'You didn't vote for yourself but I did' scam, as I've had it happen to me many times, and I really didn't mean to do that to you all. It was a mistake made in ignorance, not malice.

I won't make that mistake in the PRC when I submit to it, Bundeslang...