*NO* Final Fantasy 'Have You Forgot?'

djpretzel

I could only stream, not download, but the hifi version had parts that sounded decent -djp

Hi.

Handle: Blak_Omen

Email: darketernal_13@hotmail.com

You can find the file at :

, and scroll down to the file. Most of my past submissions are there too if you forget about them...I have no idea how many are lost in the veritable maelstrom of other submissions.

There are some comments in the id3 v2 tag of the mp3...and enjoy.

Please if it's possible could you email me at darketernal_13@hotmail.com when this is being judged? It would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work guys.

___BLAK OMEN___

- Gray

• 1 month later...

BO always makes very unique mixes. I don't think his unique mixes have caught up to the quality of his solo piano mixes though.

This is a medley from FF7 and apparently some other FF mix. It's pretty hard to tell with all the strange sound effects going on. To be honest, they ruin the musicality of this mix for me. It's all very cluttered sounding.

I much preferred his Evil Refactory mix which is in a somewhat similar electronic style.

Many cool ideas here and the concepts are put together uniquely, but really the cluttered sounding effects everywhere ruin it for me. Like other BO mixes, this has some nice piano sections.

NO

First off, the title should be "have you forgotten?"

this gets a NO for poor grammar.

actually, the no is for the fact that the more techno or atmospheric elements arent developed. it sounds like this ought to be more moody than it is. there isnt enough reverb, and the sounds arent as dark or menacing as they ought to be.

'Have you forgot' works perfectly fine as a colloquialism, so stfu judgefgt.

Suspicion arises as I hear random stab synths and vocal clips thrown into the mix for the hell of it. Actually, this entire mix seems to be for the hell of it. It's heterogeneous to the point where I'm unable to recognize the source material. The grim electro bits are too sparse to stand alone (with or without vocals), which makes up the bulk of the piece. The sequenced piano sounds too stiff for my liking, but is a welcome addition.

Again, the arrangement is a mish-mash of ideas. When you've eaten out at a restaurant, have you ever stirred together all the different drinks everyone ordered along with whatever else was on the table? Conceptually interesting, but ultimately not enjoyable.

NO

bah. sectionz's website requires a session id cookie to download, their database returns errors without it. oh well, i added the site to my exceptions list.

i agree that black omen makes rather unique mixes. he is good with piano. he has talent. but it will be some time before he can execute his artistic vision effectively. this track is a contrast between clutter and sparseness that just doesn't work in a coherent manner. everything sounds cheap and thin or loud and boomy; mixing skills need development.

no