*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GG) 'Crystal Eternity'

djpretzel

I'm a new remixer and old listener. Enough introduction i hope.

Well, I'm Spunodi

Real name-Dean Park.

My email is scarydean69@hotmail.com

and i am an almagamation of all good and bad yet the meaning of being is ever closer to me.

But yet, I believe you'd want want me to give you a remix of mine to judge.

This is a remix of crystal egg zone from Sonic 2 onthe Game Gear. I'd classify it is as trance/dance/bouncy house/something but overall, a happy and hard twist on the original.

The track is called Crystal Eternity and can be found at-

rip it to pieces if you will, but I'd just like an official OC opinion.

maybe even a post and DJP writeup (YAY!). and djp, my initials are djp. i hope i don't owe you any copyright.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what I just listened to. The mixing of volume levels of specific tracks are just out of order. The drums overpower the very quiet lead/melody/harmony. This is a mess, and very disorienting and chaotic. Work on creating a stronger melody both compositionally and by picking the right synth. This mix doesn't work on various levels.

This is a work of a new mixer for sure. That is not an insult. We have all been there. You will get better with more work, dedication and time spent. I wish you good luck and hope you continue in learning and getting better.

NO

Notation trouble, mixing trouble, composition trouble. Not good. Carnival-ish, which is conceptually neat, but that's mostly attributed to thin leads following bad sequencing. You need more than a couple patterns in disarray and disjointed drums to classify this as house, I'm afraid. I like the frivolous instrumentation, but you've gotta work at arrangement... and an ending.

NO