Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill Zone punk remix

DusK

More of a cover than a remix. The drums could use some work. Kick and snare are barely heard, and the crashes are terrible. Even tho it's punk, it could be mixed more clearly. If you want to get it on ocr, you'll have to work on the arrangement more.

That's all the crits I have. You should take it to the guitar remixers on #ocrwip, they know guitars better than I do. Sounds like you could get something ocr-worthy (with a bit of feedback), I'm just not sure this is the track that's gonna get you there... at least not without some heavy rewrites.

Good luck.

Nice! Me likes!

That said, I am in agreement with Rozovian. 'Tis more of a cover (which in itself isn't a bad thing. I love the NESkimos, Advantage, and Minibosses, and they're basically just VGM Covers) than a remix. My suggestion would be to listen to Sixto, SnappleMan, BrainCell, Scaredsim, LuIzA (and other amazing guitar remixers on this site that I missed) to see how they remixed the music. Not that you should copy them, but more just to get an idea of what it takes to get a guitar remix on the site.

You do have potential and if this one does end up on OCR its going straight to my iPod.

Keep working on it and it will get there.