OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

I would defiantely seed for a while if I could actually get all the files. Right now Im stuck at 26.1 and 27% on both of them, and have been around that area for the last few days. So if anyone wants to seed now, and help out in the future, get on and Ill finish up and seed more.

Seeding.

Likewise, if you need me to seed, AIM me and I should seed right away. Try not to do so too often though, because it takes quite a while for me to start seeding (thanks to the lack of real specs for my computer).

1. Thanks to all seeders - TRULY appreciated, huge help.

2. I'm working with Aubrey to redesign the tracker so it can be included in an IFRAME/OBJECT tag and show up directly on mix download pages, or even the homepage. This should increase the popularity of the already popular torrents, so the more seeders, the merrier!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to seed my files as well once i'm done with my windows updates. I want to know if 1001-1500 are coming to bittorrent anytime soon?
When OCR reaches #1500? :wink:

They'll be a torrent at #1250, which isn't too far off. In the meantime, you can get a rar of mixes 1001-current from this thread.

(/pimpage)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if this was happening to everyone tonight or if it's just me. I logged on about an hour ago and started up the 001-500 torrent, happily downloading. So I checked out some stuff, karaoke and downloaded another remix. My brother wanted to know what version of bt I was using and when I went to check it, it wasn't in the tray anymore. When I tried to reconnect to the torrent, it asked for the download folder again and started verifying the files then stops at 46% with an IO error: [Errno 13] Permission denied. Anybody have any ideas what's wrong?

Other times when I had to reconnect coz my pc died while online, file verification was fine and it could continue downloading.

My guess is that your bit torrent client was still running even though it wasn't listed in your tray. You could have checked that by checking if it showed up in your running processes list (on NT/2K/XP).

As such, the files it was working with were still locked from access by other applications, and that's probably why you got the error you did when the second client tried to open a file for writing.

I haven't ran into the exact situation you describe, but I have noticed that if I close shadow's client, the process continues running without a window for perhaps a minute or so before it really quits. If before it really quits, I double click on the .torrent file, I will get the same error you are seeing.

Aubrey

I'd like to help seed, but I've changed the file names on most of my songs to be easier to read in my MP3 player. For example, Final_Fantasy_6_Anthem_of_Exile_OC_ReMix.mp3 is changed to FF6 Anthem of Exile. When I try to share on Bittorrent it doesn't recognize the renamed files. Is there any way to fix this without downloading them again?

Without manually renaming the files back, no.

If you want to help, and have the space (2-4GB), I'd recommend just saving a copy of the ReMixes from the torrents into a new directory.

Yeah, you will download another copy of the remixes, but if you are willing to help us seed the torrent, it would certainly be a benefit for us and everyone downloading the ReMixes in the longer term.

Aubrey

Sorry, I'm on a old computer and don't have that much space available. I use Shareaza for file sharing and I upload them on that, so I guess I'll just keep doing that until we get a new computer.

Thanks anyway.