*NO* Final Fantasy 4 'Golbez, Clad in Death'

djpretzel

FIRST TIME REMIXER LONG TIME LISTENER. man that was lame. ANYWAYS, here be the link to my work.

<--- you can use that as a mirror if you wish. save ya a bit of bandwidth.

anyways, this song is like when Golbez comes back from the dead and starts kicking pregnant women in the stomach and punching old men in their teeth.

enjoy!

email: lustmordwargasm@thebmp.org

artist/credit/me: the.bmp

Great for a first mix. However, this has a ways to go. This is quite a grand display of several ideas being incorporated into one mix, but the execution falls here to the point where I think it loses several qualities present in an enjoyable mix. I think for one, the mixing and composition of the many instruments here leads to a very cluttered and chaotic sounding mix. Work with eq, panning separation to help give the instruments more definition. Compositionally, at times I think you have too many things going on here.

At 2:40, the multipanned cymbals shifting all over the place are a little disorienting. I do like the ending piano sections. Keep working at it, you show potential. This doesn't work in my opinion so

NO

Gah- this is tricky. Parts of this mix I really love and others seem a bit iffy. First of all, I really dig the overall concept and the ending with the dissonant piano is fantastic.

I found the crash cymbal at 2:22 to be a bit distracting though- it might be better to show some restraint with such a dominant sound. And during the first 2 minutes the drumset is too far up in the mix for my tastes- but that may be more of a personal preference.

This could probably be a bit more polished, but overall I really enjoyed it.

YES

what is going on in the first minute of this song? it's not done particularly well as far as ambience goes.

there is some dissonance between the harmony and melody...

a lot of the instruments sound muddy or muffled. the drums especially dont sound very good.

there is very little flow to this mix, and the string harmony is one dimensional. the segments dont flow into each other, they just die then boom, onto the next idea.

the end segment isnt bad, but there's too much verb on the piano.

muffled and chaotic.

NO