*NO* Bomberking 'Enter the Bomb'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

Zophar has the nsf to this.

I really enjoy this. Good instrument selection and usage. However, I think the production here leaves something to be desired. This may be personal preference but having the snare that distantly panned far from center is really strange. I don't think it really ever works unless there's more percussion back there to the left and right of the kit. It is especially strange when it is often so exposed as it is here.

The volume here is also a bit weak. This needs to be a bit louder.

I'm torn. This is very enjoyable, but I think this could do with a bit more polishing and increasing the volume is a must.

Please resubmit this, for now

NO (I'll change this to a YES if 2 more Yes' follow this vote, I'm that borderline on this)

hmm...doesnt sound bad, but it sounds kind of dead...like it's stuck on one setting, 'busy' thru the whole song. it is definately borderline.

some problems

my right speaker is feeling lonely.

there are some serious rhythmic issues in the guitar solo after 2:15.

the ending fades out, consistent with the fact that this mix doesnt ever let up it's a little to crowded for too long.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

This mix has serious issues on many fronts.

Instruments are either (frequently) shoved hard left or hard right with mush inbetween. Certain combinations are especially messy, such as guitar+chorals+piano all panned at the same point to the left. Unrestrained application of reverb on everything doesn't help the clutter. Production is weak, and the arrangement doesn't make up for it since the mix is mostly the original with reduced tempo and identical progression, except for little flubs like the rhythmic issues at 2:37.

I like the varied instrumentation, but everything else is sub par.

NO