EGM to be resurrected... and now it has been

The Coop

Huh. Wish I could say that I cared. But around the time I let my subscription lapse (1-2 years ago), the magazine had gotten so...inane. Particularly the reviews. I much prefer Game Informer these days, because they review PC games as well, and the magazine just seems to be less...juvenile than EGM.

http://twitter.com/egmnow

After a bit of silence and minor updates, we've been told a few things. First, the "lost" issue of EGM (remember that tidbit in a past thread here?) is going to be available on EGM's new website when it goes live. Second, that new website is pretty much done, and should be up and running in the not too distant future. This site should finally reveal info about EGM's resurrection that was expected back during E3 (when the first issue comes out, etc.).

Not a lot, but at least we're getting closer to having a concrete date.

• 10 months later...

Long overdue bump.

The new EGM is finally on shelves. Way later than it was originally supposed to be, but it's finally out. Not bad looking. New sections and familiar ones, heavier paper for the magazine and cover... I haven't gotten to read everything yet, but so far, it's not looking too bad.

It's $6.99 now, but you do get a 31 day code for the new EGMi site in each issue, so...

I couldn't surf the web site for more than two minutes before becoming disoriented. Maybe I'm just not in their paradigm.

http://www.egmnow.com/

It looks like their web site basically serves as a teaser to convince you to buy their magazine. I suppose that is all right, but it feels antiquated in an age where a web site is usually a standalone product.

If they become a good, consistent source of game reviews, that will attract me and then I can stop going to IGN and Gamespot to read some random editor's opinion on a video game. But with the availability of game information out there I'd be pretty difficult to convince to pay it. I'd be much more willing to click on ads.

If they become a good, consistent source of game reviews, that will attract me and then I can stop going to IGN and Gamespot to read some random editor's opinion on a video game. But with the availability of game information out there I'd be pretty difficult to convince to pay it. I'd be much more willing to click on ads.

I have always trusted EGM's reviews, save maybe one or two I didn't agree with.

I will be subscribing, as I am a super huge fan of EGM, and it is way better than that Game Informer drivel.