Import midi messes up tempo

I imported a midi into an FL project, and ever since whenever I come to a part of the song that I used the midi notes for, the tempo changes from 135bpm to 90bpm. 90bpm is the tempo of the midi file, but how do I tell FL to ignore that....

This has happened all the time, but it usually seems to go away after I correct it a couple times...I'm losing it...

Thanks for the help, but I must be doing something wrong.

So I go into my project and right click the tempo, choose edit events. I then use the paint brush tool to highlight the beginning of measure 9 in the edit events window (the tempo changes at the beginning of 9) and then click the delete button and highlight the already highlighted area...

I'm not doing something right...

It wasn't a problem with remote control and the edit events (tempo) still didn't work...I found out something else though, the tempo changes when the Pattern that I used the midi in is playing...and if I delete the pattern then the tempo does not change.

Make sure you have the pattern with the midi in it selected before you go to Edit Events on the tempo box.

• 2 weeks later...