*NO* Super Street Fighter 2 'Jamaican Soul'

djpretzel

Pretty good sound, although I thought the flute was a bit louder than it should be.

The guitar lick thing at 2.05 doesn't go with piano at all as it's in a completely different key, but oh wait, suddenly at 2.14 it finally turns Jamaican! Now this is groovy, yes, but then it's all over before I can get into the new beat.

This has some really good points, but my main gripe is that it stays really flat sounding for the most part. It just hasn't much energy compared to the original. As an intro to the upbeat section it works, but then that upbeat part is too short imo. I think that by changing the balance of the mix, ie. more of the bashment part of the song, it would have a much better impact.

NO

More of the bashment bit!

do i hear some roland sounds here? eh even i'm sick of my little anti-roland rant.

anyways, there's some odd mixing decisions here, the balance seems off at times. the mix seems to lack depth also, maybe some pads would help.

there are parts that are enjoyable and then there are parts where not much is happening. overall it comes off as amateurish.

no

I could have used a deeper sound. That may or may not include some more instruments... at this point I'm not really certain. What I do know is that a great many parts come off as flat, others as hollow. I'm not so much conerned with the lack of momentum as I am with the all-encompassing sense of space this piece gives, which is not good. It needs to be fleshed out bigger, bolder, and fuller.

No.