Reset Generation - "Remix Generation"

DrumUltimA

Well, the reset generation contest results have been announced! Meaning I can start whoring this out! This was my entry, and I remixed a few tracks within it: "Reset Generation Anthem (Dexter Mix)", "Bubble Twin Bonanza", "Micro Anthem 2a03", and "Dungeon Derivative". You can download the original soundtrack here: http://music.ign.com/articles/862/862384p1.html

Props to mom for doing the live strings, Prince of Darkness for doing the rhythm guitars, snappleman for mixing and audiofidelity for mastering! djp mentioned something about direct posting it to the site sometime, but it'll also be released in an EP release with all of the entries on it.

http://tindeck.com/listen/kwvx

enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice, lots of different elements there and they mix pretty well. I don't like how the lyrics surprise me when they come in.. I didn't expect them as there's no "hint" or set up for them. Structure wise, I'm talking about a couple of lines earlier, alternating with instrumental parts/soloing. Just so that the whole thing flows well. I think lyrics alternating with lots of soloing/instrumentation ideas could work really well.

The Vagrance's No Hope does the same thing lyrics wise, and it makes both of these tracks seem a bit half-baked, which is quite unfortunate as no individual aspect of the mixes are half-baked at all (including the lyrics!).

Don't mean to sound this negative, it's a good track. I especially love comibining so many sounds and styles so well, plus the living, breathing strings.

--Eino

Bahaha, there was a part of the synth solo that I could have sworn was an homage to Dragonforce :tomatoface:

This is pretty badass dude, but I have to agree with the evktalo on this, the whole vocals section seemed out of place and didn't really go with what you'd set up in the song thus far. That being said, the lyrics themselves were pretty neat and everything after the vocals was great! Loved the violin for the few parts that it came in for :-)

I like this a lot more than the other Remix generation mixes posted so far (which were both very good, granted) but I think this should have won.

I'll throw my two cents in - love the track, would love to post it... it's got a LOT of ideas in it. I rated it a tie with the first and second place mixes. If I was the sole judge and had to pick between the three, I might still pick one of the others, simply because I think there may actually be too many ideas in this piece... it seems like it's trying a little too hard to be the "definitive" Reset Generation mix by covering a LOT of territory. It does it all well, and really does avoid medleyitis, but Rayza and Tepid's pieces nevertheless feel a bit more focused; at times, this track does end up sounding like it's explicitly trying to win a competition.

Again, take that with a hugeass grain of salt - if anything, I'm saying you've got 2 or 3 good mixes here, and they just happen to be cohabiting the same body.

hahaha djp makes a great point, but I actually loved that quality, it was my favorite part of the song. I like when songs actually try to impress, I don't need to be sweet talked into liking something by having to be mislead into believing that something didn't take a huge amount of effort.

His argument is kind of like saying... you were trying too hard... well, I personally like it when everybody tries their hardest. But I do get what he meant.