Celtic Music Fans, anyone?

Meteo Xavier

Also, here are a couple vids from Afro-Celt Sound system which is on Peter Gabriel's label (or was or whatever).

Mmmm... Afro-Celt Sound System...

A healthy part of any musically-balanced breakfast.

Also, the CD in your first post sounds so pretty. But it doesn't seem to be available anywhere online. Sad face.

Mmmm... Afro-Celt Sound System...

A healthy part of any musically-balanced breakfast.

Also, the CD in your first post sounds so pretty. But it doesn't seem to be available anywhere online. Sad face.

Well, then you'll have to rip it.

I would normally advise against it and just buy it, but you already looked around about everywhere (supposedly). I don't think you could support the original artists now for it at this point anyway (unless you buy their newest stuff, which I'd recommend because the talent is very clear here) so just do what you gotta do.

• 1 month later...
So nice thing there's this thread here, as for some reason tonight I have a celtic love in me.

So one artist I found is Lisa Kelly - this song catches my ears:

Any other artists perhaps I should know?

Check out Loreena McKennitt. She has a diverse catalog, so I'm not sure what you'd like best (and I haven't heard most of her albums), but Parallel Dreams sounds close. I also have an album by Aine Minogue - The Mysts Of Time - that's along those lines as well. My disclaimer is that the Lisa Kelly track you linked is vocal-pop with vague celtic backing, and that these recs are almost as much instrument- as vocalist-focused and are as much celtic as they are pop. Which is more how it should be, of course.

Anybody hear listen to celtic Punk.

I'm fan of Flogging Molly and The Dropkick Murphys.

Rather meh on both of their most recent albums, but they still put on kickass shows.

If you want more modern celtic punk, check out The Tossers - The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death or The Real McKenzies - 10,000 Shots. But I heard from a friend that The Tossers suck in concert.