OCR01898 - Pokémon Crystal Version "14.5 West Coast Radio (EXPN Card Required)"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was the first song I heard on the site. It was disappointing to know this was one of the only Pokemon mixes at the time, but it was also better than anything you could find on Youtube, so I couldn't complain.

Congratulations mister ProtoDome, with this song alone you had created another chiptune fanatic! The melody writing here is absolutely perfect. In fact, there's not really anything in this song that doesn't sound great IMO. It's catchy and cute - take my money!

The fadeout didn't bother me that much either. It makes me laugh now because it seemed like your song wanted to go on longer, but it had to conform to the ProtoDome standards.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01898 - Pokémon Crystal Version "14.5 West Coast Radio (EXPN Card Required)"
  • 3 years later...

Not sure if I'm crazy, but the linked download sounds pitch shifted (up? sharp?) compared to the track that's on YouTube. I've recently downloaded the torrent archive too, which has the same pitch-shifted version. Any way to confirm and maybe correct this? The YouTube version sounds much nicer, but I can't find a legitimate way to download it.