*NO* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 'Translucent Turtles'

djpretzel

NO

This sounds incredibly synthetic and unnatural. The instrument parts pay little attention to the actual function of the instruments. the rhythms are dead, and the mix is quite cluttered in places. there is little form or flow.

However, i respect that the mixer tried to do some very different things with the theme.

Way to use the Plucked! FL instrument. As soon as I heard that, I knew the rest of the sounds weren't going to be terribly innovative. Percussion sounds ripped from the nsf, progression is alternated between layers, orchestration is very fake, not much done with the melody (although the counterpoint is nice). Good idea in style, but not much effort involved in its execution.

NO

I agree with the others.

Also, it seems like there's little attention paid to balance and levels here. Everything is vying for my attention. When you're writing music, make sure you put the idea you want the listener to focus on at the forefront, and try to keep everything else slightly farther back, so that it doesn't get in the way.

NO