Section 8

DarkeSword

http://www.joinsection8.com/

Who has it? I have been thinking about getting it but it's like...$50. I played the demo on 360 and liked what I saw, but PC is where I'd get it for controls. I really don't like playing online multiplayer games with total strangers, so it'd be nice if other people on OCR played. Once the price drops or it goes on sale I'd really like to get it.

I've had it for about a week now.

Before playing golden shooters such as Halo, Gears, and Mass Effect, this would have been awesome. It's not bad, though.

Good things:

The unique elements such as the Jetpack, Super-sprint, burn-in spawning, on-call assistance (turrets and tanks and such) and customized loadouts (your weapons and gear) are done pretty well and do add a fair amount of fun and opportunities for strategy. Nothing is quite as satisfying as killing an enemy by dropping on him from the sky.

Bad things:

The campaign is a JOKE. This game was not in any way intended for those who expect to spend a fair amount of time in single-player mode. The story is nonexistant, and the voice-acting will make you cringe. I beat it on hard difficulty in just a few hours.

The multi-player is fun but can get repetitive due to the limited play modes. It seems like people are going to have to tweak the rules amongst themselves to get more out of it.