PRC155 - The King from the Ocean (Zelda Phantom Hourglass)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 154

PRCv6-54

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC154 is done, three songs where posted including NintenJoe64s Bonus Mix. DZComposer and Gario tried to enter, but they couldn't get a song in. Showroom Dummy and Hylian Lemon did finish a song and so the contest ended in a battle between two remixers. Hylian Lemon got all the first places, but Showroom Dummy wasn't as far off as the votes make look.

The source was Super Mario RPG - Big Smithy's Battle 1

Hylian Lemon submitted the source and now it's time for a new fresh round from a game serie we all know.

While Oshus's theme was pretty good, this end-of-the-game remix added more stuff and blew my mind. It's one of my favorite Zelda songs ever, coming from one of the most musically sparse games of the series.

Couldn't find a midi, and vgmusic's Oshus midi is completely inaccurate anyway. I know you guys are capable of recreating stuff by ear, whether or not you want to. So do it.

PRC155.jpg

Zelda Phantom Hourglass (SNES) - Ocean King's Theme

MP3

Alternative link (ThaSauce was down for some period:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/ZeldaOceanKingsTheme.mp3

ThaSauce link

It's been a while since Zelda was a source from PRC. It happened for the first in round 55, Ichitootah decided to let Zelda Majora Mask – Deku Palace (N64) be the theme from the round. V_Gasm was the best from 6 remixers, Ichitootah submitted a Bonus Mix.

In round 80, where S|r Nuts selected Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap – Minish Woods (NES) as source even 10 remixers (plus 1 bonus from S|r Nuts) entered. Dragonlord was the best.

Zelda was selected for the last as source in round 98. Zelda Oracle of Ages Time is a Hylian’s Virtue was the source selected by Hylian Lemon. Only 2 remixers entered (and again a bonus, from Hylian Lemon), Tensei-San beated Chickenwarlord.

Now let's see the absent from a MID doesn't mean that no songs are coming. It should be a real challenge and I hope that a lot of you are going to enter. Also for this Zelda round Bonus Mixes are welcome.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY October 18that 3:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

doublepostSubmitted! What I did is easily done in an hour - come on, don't give me a win by default! ^_^

--Eino

Well, it turned out that way.

It's results time.

Only one song for the contest, one Bonus. This means the winner has already been decided.

The voting stage is still open, if you want to leave a comment for Evktalo and/or Hylian Lemon you can do it at ThaSauce, but you can also post them in this thread.

Hylian Lemon did a good Bonus Mix, but couldn't win the contest.

The winner of PRC155 is Evktalo!

Congratulations Evktalo, you where the only one who was able to come up with something, which means you win the round. I'm happy you took the time to let this contest have an official winner.

Evktalo, you may select the source for PRC157. PRC156 will be a little special edition, because 156 is devisible by 26 (it's an anniversary edition).

Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before Friday October 30th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time (you have a little more time as usual to select).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

PRC156 will start as soon as possible, maybe tomorrow already, but not before the voting period has ended. It's a special edition, so make sure to check it out, I have an interesting idea for it. Be there.

Given that you made your entry so quickly, I did like how the bass and percussion worked together.

Interested in seeing what the special round is all about.

Also, I just realized that I used multiple sources in all four of my bonus entries over the years. And a couple of legitimate entries, too. I'm practically incapable of sticking to the source if I'm familiar with the game. :<

Thanks for the comments HL and Bundeslang. The bass was the last thing I added and it actually started making sense to me at that point. The source is great, I was only able to tackle a little bit of it. :)

I thought the bonus track was very good! There was only one thing I thought was sub-par, the bright piano sound that played a brief lead in the later half, but other than that the track was very solid and I enjoyed it. A lot of material and continuous variation, not just in details but in the form, tempo, feel.. very inspiring!

--Eino