*NO* Star Ocean: Second Story 'L'Dark L'Aqua'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty sparse and boring as far as the coverage of the actual tune goes. Beats are cool, the atmosphere is cool, but all you have in way of rearrangement is the original melody on sustained chords. I listened to the original song and it seemed to me that a lot more was going on in this song than what's presented here.

Some arpeggios would be nice. Maybe some counter melody. Just do SOMETHING other than dropping the original melody over sustained chords and cool beats.

Nice, but NO

I'm pretty borderline on this one. Needs more arrangement as the others noted. Good usage of pads and thickness, but it does need more subtlety and complexity as far as instrumentation. More can be done with more pads. There needs to be more layering on the harmony. Drums are cool but could use some more change up. One thing I don't like is how the lead is sometimes tiny against this large soundscape. I'd like to hear some more interesting work done to the lead. Component synthesis and processing would work very well in this case.

NO