A Final Fantasy Hacktics Story

Pope

I recently got the PSP version of FFT. I am loving the translation, even if they do ham it up a bit with the dialogue. (If the dialogue in FF12 bothered you, I'm not sure you'd like the re-translation for FFT...) I am not loving that Olan is very stupid and gets himself killed so I can't proceed past that battle. :( I never had trouble there on the PS version.

The slowdown doesn't bother me *too* much, since most strategy games I've played are a little slow in pace. But it is kinda hard to press through it right after playing Disgaea, which is faaast.

If you copy-pasted, you're cool, but if you typed from scratch then you are awesome.

Though... hithertofore? Methinks the inherent redundancy gives that translation a big wet 'no'.

Overall though, it definitely sounds like the definitive version (yum redundancy).

I copy-pasted. I am therefore cool.

I understand not what about "hithertofore" makes it inherently redundant.

I take it that the translation is all the patch fixes? I would play this, but I love the additions the psp version had. The slow downs are a pain in the ass, but playing through the new stuff is definitely fun.

Yes. It is mainly the translation and a few glitch fixes. None of the new job classes or other things are being added, aside from story sequences and books and words.

Was this where they originally said "Blame yourself or God"? That was such iconic phrase. :D

That is indeed the place. And yes. It is iconic.

I understand not what about "hithertofore" makes it inherently redundant.

Hithertofore is not a word. Hitherto is, heretofore is, and they mean essentially the same thing. But hithertofore is basically saying 'until now, before'. Well ok, technically that would be hithertotofore, but I assumed portmanteau action rather than skirt action.

That line sounds like it was created in an attempt to say something a bit stilted to give a slightly archaic feel. But either the writer/reviewer team wasn't well-versed enough in old-world language or they went over that part too hastily.

Maybe that's not an oops that a lot of folks would catch or even care about, but it stuck out badly to me.