*NO* Castlevania: Bloodlines 'Reincarnated Mix'

Palpable

Remixer Name: Willrock

Name Of Submission: Reincarnated Remix

Game: Castlevania: Bloodlines

Source:

Remix Link:

Comments:

So, this is an older remix of mine which I have lost the original file for, but I put of subbing it for a while for some reason.

Because of this, I wasn't sure if I should sub this but I figured what the hell.

Enjoy kthxbye :P

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not really feeling that snare- it seems a bit too loud. I can definitely tell this one of your older tracks, as it's not near as refined as your more recent production work. Some of the tom hits were way loud as well, and might have clipped slightly, or it could have been the sample.

Arrangement seemed pretty conservative starting out, but it branched out into some creative additional parts, but maintained the feel throughout. Synths and organ is a pretty classic way to do the track, but it's very similar to the original.

I dig the track a lot, but i think combining some of the weaker production and a very similar sound to the original, it just doesn't seem unique enough. Please keep in mind that it's a very borderline vote, so the other judges might disagree with me, but I just can't pass this as-is. Sorry mate. :-(

no

Not really feeling that snare- it seems a bit too loud. I can definitely tell this one of your older tracks, as it's not near as refined as your more recent production work. Some of the tom hits were way loud as well, and might have clipped slightly, or it could have been the sample.

Arrangement seemed pretty conservative starting out, but it branched out into some creative additional parts, but maintained the feel throughout. Synths and organ is a pretty classic way to do the track, but it's very similar to the original.

I dig the track a lot, but i think combining some of the weaker production and a very similar sound to the original, it just doesn't seem unique enough. Please keep in mind that it's a very borderline vote, so the other judges might disagree with me, but I just can't pass this as-is. Sorry mate. :-(

no

Hate to rip off OA's vote pretty much word-for-word, but he pretty well nailed it :P

Even though it's not one of his stronger tracks, it still has many of the endearing qualities of a Willrock track, lots of synth love and lots of energy. I would have to say the production and EQ (especially on the drums) is my biggest D:

Sounds like there's a CRAZY amount of high end on your snare and toms, and it's kind of ear-piercing (especially on phones). Gotta clean that up, mang!

Granted how productive Will is, and how he's been cleaning up his production lately, I think this shouldn't be a huge problem for him ;)

RESUB

Agreed with all of that except the NO being borderline. It's definitely not. :lol:

Still this was a cool cover, Will, it's just the production was definitely messed up and started hurting my ears. I absolutely love the theme though. Definitely a shame that you lost the source files, because you could easily provide more melodic interpretation, properly balance & master this and get it passed. Ah well, that's life. If you're in the mood, get a guitarist to collab on this theme and mesh you style with some live guitars. Could be pretty badass!