Where to get Spectrasonics Atmosphere?

Kanthos

I know, I know, Omnisphere's been out for a while now. I don't want to purchase it because a) it's fairly pricy and B) takes a lot of system resources that I don't have, particularly since I use my laptop as a sound module and effects rack.

Any ideas where I might find a copy of Atmosphere legally? I'm looking at eBay and my local craigslist, but beyond that, I have no idea who might still have copies of it lying around that they hadn't sold yet. Any more ideas? Anyone have a copy they want to unload?

Ouch, that's not a very good deal. Though it's not made anymore, so perhaps they feel justified in charging that much.

I tell you what I would do, is I would give 'em a shout and let them know that Omni's been out for a while, but you're willing to take Atmosphere off their hands if they'll give it to you for a reasonable price. It's probably fine to just be straight up and let them know that they're not likely to sell it at that price while Omnisphere isn't that much more and offers like 10+ times more content.

Good luck, let us know how it goes if you go that route.

PC, 2 GHz dual core laptop with 2 GB of RAM, so it's more than powerful enough. Plus, I'm using Brainspawn Forte as a host, and since muting other VSTs (so they don't take up CPU) is par for the course, it's only really the available RAM that matters, unless I try to layer too many things together at once.