Garritan Solo Violin and Gofriller Cello

Alright, I'm getting pretty annoyed at Garritan right about now. I am really sick of seeing this garbage:

http://www.garritan.com/stradivari.html

http://www.garritan.com/cello.html

I have been seeing that message for at least a couple years now I believe. I really want these, and I'm still a bit puzzled why they were even discontinued in the first place, especially since they're simply losing sale opportunities all this while. And being kept in the dark for so long is just obnoxious. It's like they're the Duke Nukem Forever of virtual instruments.

Anybody else noticed this shameful display of feet-dragging?

I guess here's a bit of an update, if anyone's interested. Though it doesn't actually tell me anything I didn't already know, at least it was a speedy response (on Christmas day, no less!)

Hi,

Those two instruments will be included in a later library but I have no release date although I can say it won't be very soon.

They aren't actually included in GPO4 which has the same sample set as the original Kontakt based based GPO.

Merry Christmas!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply (on Christmas, no less!) You say they won't be released any time soon? That's unfortunate... I've been itching to get my hands on them for the past couple years, but can't seem to find a reliable (or legal) website to purchase them from. Is there anything that can be done, or am I just out of luck until the updates are released?

Thanks again,

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

They will be included in a future library of advanced strings which has been in the works for some time. We need to port the existing libraries over to the ARIA player at least and this is taking priority and development time. Gofiller and Strad were discontinued some time ago so as far as I'm aware they aren't available anywhere from any supplier.

Bummer. I hate waiting, especially when the wait length can't even be approximated. Oh well, c'est la vie, I suppose. Poop.

I thought it was strange myself when they discontinued those products. They weren't available for very long either. Maybe a year?

I thought I had caught wind of a falling out with NI back when I cruised Garritan's forums (maybe you can go there for answers, the company's owner was an active poster when I was and may still be, as were/are several employees). But, they still offer two Kontakt-based produts, JABB and the Marching Band.

One thing with Garritan, though, expect a wait for new things. This is the only thing I do not like about Garritan. Their development cycles are long, and is some cases the products do not end up being worth the wait. Otherywise, they are a great customer-oriented company (notice how they responded to your inquiry on Christmas?).

I'm still a little new to GPO. I havent bothered to upgrade to GPO4 though since I nearly broke the bank in getting EWQLSO which seems to have a better sample library.

That is weird to discontinue a version of something that has no successor. Seems like a bad business strategy. Especially if people are still asking for it. And regarding the messages on the website, I find it hard to be "stay tuned" to something that's not gonna appear for years. To me, "stay tuned" means "it's coming very soon". Mostly in TV you hear that. "Stay tuned for more Rita Blows the Cable Guy!" And then the program comes on within minutes. Never would you hear "stay tuned for Stuff in History You Can Care Less About.....in 4 years." WTF? So I should stay tuned to this station for years until it's time to watch this?

That was a little off topic. But I think my point is obvious and valid. and colorful.

Unfortunately, I don't really know much more than that. I just remember reading something to that effect on NorthernSounds and VI Control at some point. SampleModeling is now its own company so it stands to reason that there may have been an issue with their tech being bundled with products from a competitor. However, I really have no idea for sure.

I'd also like to add concerning future release dates that Gary's wife is having some serious health problems and he's decided to spend time with her right now, while other people handle the day-to-day of the company.

I'd suggest giving him some space to develop--not personally interested in his Aria engine though, so maybe it's best to look to other companies to satisfy your desire for now.