*NO* Kirby's Dream Land 3 'Bob Yer Squishy Head'

djpretzel

Deceptively good. Has some weak points but don't get turned off by the initial simplicity - djp

Heyo. I'm=GK. Heres my remix at this geocities link:

Its a remix of a grasslands song from Kirby's Dreamland 3 and a bit of the title screen. Advanced-thanks for chekking it/consideration. I'll stop ranting now cuz ive already begun to make less sense.

name to credit it to: GK

10q.

good SQ straight off the bat.

Audio deformation at 1:05.

Really messy instrumentation at some points, like in 1:49.

Not enough bad to overdo the good.

YES

Wonder if we can get a version that fixes that audio glitch...

Edit: I tried to figure out a way to contact the author, but to no avail. If this song gets rejected, someone tell the author to contact me and we'll see about fixing the audio glitches. It appears to be the key NO point.

Edit2: Could not contact author to fix ending and audio glitch, so it'll stay as

NO

unless someone else wants to try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

slick. simple, straightforward, welldone remixing. perhaps it's a bit repetitive, but it is ultimately rewarding.

there are plenty of bad notes in the bass and harmony parts, as well as that audio glitch.

unfortunately it isnt finished. you forgot to record the ending. send us the rest, fix the problems, then we'll talk.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Can't pass in good conscience a submission with such an audio glitch as at 1:05. Besides that, there are several detractors to this decent arrangement; namely, weird pitch bends on random notes, dirty upfront shakers/claps, messy bass, and a cut-off ending. The feel is there, the instrumentation is there, the synth accompaniment is cool, but there's a lot left to fix.

Like the cut-off ending.

Sorry, but this can't pass like this. Fix it up.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

As pointed out by Vigilante, there's a lot of wonky notes. There's some nice things going on here, like the mixing and the style. But I think there's also a lot of underwhelming things going on here. Everything sounds very mechanical. I also feel the drums/percussion here is much too prominent compared to the instrumental elements (at least on headphones). For a slow chill mix, I think more subtle drums would be more appropriate. Also the ending just ends and leaves you hanging.

A decent mix, but considering the problems I think this is just right under the bar. NO