Kingdom Hearts II - Espacio Cañi

Guifrog

Here I am again, ribbit!

After messing a bit with India on the previous remix (which I've already submitted ^^), I decided to travel through Spain. I pretty much love the results!

The mix title's a pun for España Cañi, the very well known song composed by Pascual Marquina. As the site restricts the usage of non-game sources, I decided to recreate few parts of it with my available instruments, and you can hear 'em during the very beginning (0:00-0:05) and the ending key (3:08-3:39).

To hear my remix, Espacio Cañi, see: http://www.mediafire.com/?yn2zzjtnbnj

For the original non-game song, España Cañi, see:

For the actual remixed game song, Rowdy Rumble, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGsLkQ0vRgc

Comments, suggestions, complaints? ;P

Glah, thanky Blue Magic!

But still, I'd appreciate some more detailed feedback on it. I think there might be some thingies that need improvement (for now, I intend to change the initial marimba melody in a few parts, and maybe do something about the breakdown, dunno), so if you guys could help on the technical side, I might become sure that this won't have many problems with the judges =D

Unfortunately, I can't offer you anything specifically technical – I'm not that savvy. But I can certainly say that though I'm not much of a fan of Spanish flavor, what you've done makes me smile. The additions you made at the beginning and end make it sound like a playful battle theme; the shift at the end did startle me, but I quickly warmed up to it. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing, but if you do change anything don't do too much to it.

~LS

Great song and great WIP, I also tried to ReMix Rowdy Rumble (a jazz mix), but it wasn't as cool as your track ;)

The samples are great, especially horns samples, nothing to say with that.

I like the whole track, but at 3:06, the transition between the end of RR and the beginning of the other song doesn't sound good. I mean it ends quite abruptly and the transition with just drums could be better.

You don't have to cut all the end but work on this little transition and your track will be great ;)

I want to hear more with your song, keep at it ! :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Brass came from hammersound.net. By the way, I've just made a lil' update and adjusted its EQ and reverb (I noticed the trumpet was 'eating' the other instruments too much, especially on the song chorus). There's also a minor melody change on the first marimba verses, a small drum transition to España Cañi (merely a ton-ton loop) and some tiny volume variation on a few instruments. You can tell these are "small" kinda adjustments indeed, but I think they were "a bit" effective =P

Yup, hope the judges approve it \o/

I did notice the loop this time around. I didn't mind it the way it had been originally – like I said before, it sounded like playful battle music, or maybe mini-game music, and therefore a somewhat abrupt cut-off wouldn't necessarily be out of place – but it sounds equally as good with this change; it provides listeners with a sort of auditory wind-down and doesn't let too much sound drift off before the end kicks in.

Personally, I think it's ready for submission.

~LS