*NO* Metroid Zero Mission 'Ridley's End'

djpretzel

email sub - Metroid Zero Mission - Ridley's End - OC ReMix.mp3

Hey overclocked.org people. This here is my take on the "Norfair" theme present in Metroid Zero Mission (the full game title couldnt fit in the ID3v1 tag, so i put it in the ID3v2 one). My alias for your website is gonna be my AIM s/n, MistaZanMan, but my real name is Jamal Dorce. Also, my e-mail is umchibidiba@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance for checking out my stuff, sorry i had to send it as an attachment, but i have no where to post it and its a really small file. Thanks again! Stay funky.

-Jamal Dorce aka MistaZanMan

i JUST sent a submission for a track i did for Metroid Zero Mission. i was in a hurry, and forgot to mention that i dont know the original composer of the song, and hope that isnt a problem. also what you hear on the song is nothing but my 4 string ernie ball electric bass, and i recorded and mixed it in cakewalk, recording direct through my pc's soundcard.

I pictured this going nicely with a sort of cinematic in my head of ridley losing to samus in an epic fight, as they always love to do in most metroid games. heh, anyway sorry about having to send two e-mails. *bows down for forgiveness*

-Jamal Dorce aka MistaZanMan

Minimalistic piece that doesn't work. There's no atmosphere, no unique instrumentation and on top of this, it's very incomplete sounding. This is very short for an atmospheric piece. This needs more compositional work, expansion and instrumentation. If you want to keep this style, how about more layers behind the guitar, such as pads?

I do like the intro and the concept. This just needs better execution and production.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

At the continuous risk of being crusified by my fellow comrads, there are many off notes in this song. I understand the style attempted here, and while I think it has been accomplished to some extent it does not cover up for the issues.

1. Way too short

2. Off notes, poor arranging

3. Nothing changes, nothing develops.

4. Poor mastering/recording.

NO