Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch

Schwaltzvald

This is the end. You've started the fall. Can't see the destiny, that we once saw, on the edge of dawn.

What have you done.

Also, huge amounts of progress are pouring in since the trailer came out. Robots are being claimed and finished left and right, new maps are getting done (including MM1 Wily Stage 1-2, seen above as well as Air Man and Heat Man), and new items like E-Tanks and Items 1 and 2 are being added. At this rate, the game's gonna come out sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

badump bump.

Work continues apace, it looks like, and there's even enough fnished content for the game to be playable. Incidentally, there's going to be a demo at SGC; one of you sexy SGC attendees should wander over to the LAN room and check it out for us. 8)

Speaking of us non-attendees,

for said demo. God I want this thing so bad.

• 1 month later...

SGC DEMO RELEASED!

Default keybinds are.. odd. It isn't all that clear what some of them do, either; plays fine with just your basic run/shoot/switch/jump, so I didn't muck with it too much.

8-bit in 3D is a little jarring at first, but I got used to it. Got some running around to do, so I can't try out multiplayer just yet.

Looks like jumping towards those moving platforms would be a pain in the ass...

But I would like to try this out cuz it looks fun...

I call Pharoah Man (but some triple dipper picked him >: | )...

Or Knight Man. Oh yeah baby. Ball and Chain this bitch.

So I played a little bit of single player tonight...and I couldn't get past the Metal Man stage. Maybe it's because I'm terrible at FPS games, but I kept getting my ass handed to me time and again. It seemed like as soon as the AI saw me, I was dead. A couple rounds of the game telling me I suck later, and I gave up.

Other than that, though, the demo was pretty fun. The weapons are nice, I liked the two maps I saw, and the little quips that the computer players made were funny. I give a thumbs up, can't wait for the full release.

Looks like jumping towards those moving platforms would be a pain in the ass...

But I would like to try this out cuz it looks fun...

I call Pharoah Man (but some triple dipper picked him >: | )...

Or Knight Man. Oh yeah baby. Ball and Chain this bitch.

Technically your character is just aesthetic. It's more traditional FPS style, weapons are scattered around the map.

Anyway, I had a crack at multiplayer just now. Finding a server is tricky since the demo was designed for LAN play; you have to route it through another program to make it listable, and hardly anybody's doing that right now.

Despite my 300-500 ping, it was a good time. Direct IP connections work; I'll keep my eyes peeled for a list, or if this thread drums up enough interest then maybe we can work something out.

• 1 month later...