*NO* Ninja Gaiden 2 'Sinister Augury'

djpretzel

This is a mix of the intro from Ninja Gaiden II, performed by Ryan8bit, pingosimon, and xthexstrayxcatx.

Should you decide to post this song, pingosimon would like to list his:

e-mail address: pingosimon@hotmail.com

A breakdown of who did what:

Ryan8bit: Played guitars and electric bass. Arranged drums and basic structure. Did all the mixing and production.

pingosimon: Played contrabass. Arranged the middle string section.

xthexstrayxcatx: Played the violins. (id3 tags didn't allow long enough name for her, but she is pingosimon's girlfriend, and is ok being credited under his name)

Thank you for your time.

-Ryan8bit

• 4 weeks later...

First thought that comes to mind is how bad the violin playing is in the beginning. When it runs in full harmony with other instruments it's better, but by itself without backing tracks it's quite the sore. The string section in the middle grates on my headphones, probably due to loudness and the dry mixing, and a lot of the cymbal hits sound misplaced. The arrangement is okay, but I can't get past the poor violin and dry pitch guitar.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

okay so...the playing is pretty nice...the arrangement isnt terrible. but there's some serious mud dripping from this recording. the violin sounds way too dry. The guitar is too muddy to be heard the way it is supposed to...

arrangement-wise...the string interlude on is really rockin. but the mastering and recording is really really bad. i want a re-recording.

NO

There's really not much else to say that hasn't already been said. The percussion's really generic, and Stray Cat's violin was really dry. I would have loved to have heard some effects on it to give it more depth. Like Coma pointed out, this really grated through my headphones as well.

Once all the instruments start working together around the 1-minute mark, everything poorly melds together. I liked the idea of the transition into the Pingo & Stray Cat contrabass/viloin duet, but it worked in theory and not in execution. 2:48 was a welcome change of pace and the last minute or so at least closed this out much stronger than it began. No offense intended, but this needs a lot of polish.

NO