Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Who is getting this remake for the PSP ?

I think I'll be getting it, although I am a bit worried about the changes.

New voice-act cast is pretty scary as the Working-Designs team had a special and very fitting cast, so the challenge is pretty high, also the music has a lot of changes I heard, that MAY be good and it may not.

The good thing is that from a screen-shot I've seen, Alex actually wears the Dragonmaster hat this time around lol.

The new voice cast has been getting mixed reviews, but if you ask me it sounds all right.

I already played through the Japanese version when it was released last year (they actually got the same voice cast, so it was like a reunion, but that was rather impossible for the English release). I really like it; the music sounds even better, the sprite animations are nice, and the dungeon/forest/misc backgrounds look better than the SSS version. There were also some added backstory elements regarding the Four Heroes, and some extra character background details (nothing most people would notice; for some folks like me who archive everything about the series, though, it's a nice touch).

Admittedly, I still prefer TSS (Sega CD) overall. But for like $30 this is a pretty good deal.

EDIT: Lunar-NET (some self-promotion, I know, but it's relevant!) has more info on it, by the way. Link's in my sig. KF

Snagged this (in the sexy Collectors' Edition box w/soundtrack CD and cards) and the guide the other day. I never owned Lunar on the Saturn, and I have only Lunar 2 on the PS1. I got the Ubisoft GBA port a couple of years ago, but it didn't do it any justice.

I'm not too far into this one, but it's pretty good. Since this is the only version I've played with acting, I have to say that the voices do seem fitting, but I never heard the Working Design dub, so I don't know. It's standard RPG fare, but I'm liking it.

They....changed the lyrics to intro.....

...what?

As someone who has listened to the original song hundreds of times, that was the most uncomfortable 2 minutes of the year. I don't like it one bit.

I will be picking this up for sure, huge fan of the Lunar games (for playstation anyway, never played any of the others). Hopefully the voice acting is cool; that comment about Nall a few posts up is a bit unnerving...

They....changed the lyrics to intro.....

...what?

Jenny Stigile was brought on for the opening song (same person who did many of the vocal tracks for WD's localizations of EB, SSS, and EBC). There were some issues with rights over the lyrics that didn't apply to the script itself, so I'm not sure they could've used the original lyrics/tracks even if they wanted to. KF