Metroid Drum and Bass remix

djliquidice

Your percussion could use a lot of work. The patterns are pretty simple and it's very mechanical right now. Some processing/layering different patterns might help along with editing the velocities. All the sounds from the original are a nice touch, though.

I don't know if you were just going for a simple expansion of the original, but the arrangement is not very adventurous at all. Almost all of the stuff going on seems to directly reference the original both in terms of sound and in terms of melody - there's very little development on either of those fronts. If you do want to submit it to OCR eventually you will need to do a lot more work with both the arrangement and your sounds to distinguish it from the original.

I like this, quite a bit. Liz is right, although I do like your beat, you could do more to enhance it.

What I really like is that your beat is in 4, while the source is in 3 (or 6 or whatever). Unfortunately, you leave the source bits exactly as they are; they're still in 3. This sounds cool for a little while, but it's obvious you didn't change the source at all, as if it were lifted directly from a midi (hmmm ...). Plus as Liz mentions, even the instruments sound the same.

At the beginning you do some actual arrangement; it was cool because I didn't realize you were doing Kraid until that first breakdown. After that though, it's pretty much just the source played over your beat. Do more stuff like what you've got going in the beginning I say. Not necessarily the same, but in the same vein.

Thank you both for the insightful feedback.

The thought was to reproduce the original sounds, as to invoke the feelings that we players get when we hear the original track, but throw in some flavor.

Regarding the beats, absolutely. Definitely very 'mechanical' and needs more 'life'. As soon as thing settle down (life-wise), I'm going throw more time at this.

Very interesting track... I have to admit, I don't expect much from Drum n' Bass tracks, because most of the ones I've heard, people just overlay drum n' bass over the original track.

I like the variation from the original tune.

It seems that it needs some rap lyrics, lol (but, I like it as is)

Keep it up, man!