*NO* Bomberman 'bomberw00t'

Liontamer

Hello there, I'd like to make a submission for a song I made recently. Here's the information:

Link:

Song Information

Song name: bomberw00t

Genre: Thrash Metal / Heavy Metal

Contact Information

ReMixer name: z_killemall

Email address: z_killemall@yahoo.com

userid: 31219

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Bomberman (Nintendo NES)

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Stage 1

Original song:

I made this song entirely with FL Studio, using RealStrat + Guitar Rig for the guitars, Broomstick Bass + Guitar Rig for the bass, eZdrummer + Drumkit From Hell for the drums, and various synths and soundfonts for the 8-bit synth and sound effects.

Thanks a lot in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Not really much arrangement going on besides the original song being played with a chiptune-ish lead, some sequenced speedcore drums, and some very obscured rhythm guitar chugs. There were dropoffs of the speedy drums, and some synth guitar soloing as well.

What would put this over the bar are the textures being fleshed out a bit more, and the sequencing/articulations sounding more realistic. But overall the soundscape was decently filled out. Most importantly, you more actual interpretation/rearrangement of the source melody. Write an actual ending/resolution as well, don't just cut out the song.

NO

Larry pretty much nailed it; there are some issues with the production, like getting things a little more balanced, and adding a bit more of a human touch to the sequencing.

The big issue, though, is adding more to the arrangement. The guitar soloing is a good start, and there is a bit going on at the end, but it mostly deals with cutting out parts, or letting the chords play. Try to expand more in that direction, or take a look at what you can do with the melody to change it up.

Take a look at the posted mixes to see if you can get some arrangement ideas, and utilize our WIP board to get feedback on that as well as ways to improve the production.

NO

I'll just echo DA and LT here and say that the sequencing needs to be humanized more, especially those drums- you've got a pretty solid machinegun going on, and it should be a lot more nuanced with velocities.

Arrangement wise you started to touch on what needed to be done, with some cuts and slight melodic fragment usage, but there needs to be more done, especially with such a simple source. It's a really fine line to walk, with keeping it recognizable, but still fresh,, especially given this source. I did like the solo, though the guitar sample wasn't doing you any favors as far as realism.

This needs a decent amount of work to fix up, but you've got a good start. :-)

no