Legend of Zelda Lyrical Metal Concept Album

DragnBreth

A thought I'd had a while back (and who knows, maybe someone else has had the same idea) is a remix album based around Legend of Zelda music (not really game specific), with lyrics, and maybe a completely new Legend of Zelda story being told throughout the album. If anyone has listened to Ayreon's albums you'll kind of have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I dunno... It sounds like a great idea to me, and I'd attempt to do it myself... but unfortunately I'm a bit of a n00b at guitar and music writing. And the story idea that I'd had concerning the 'album' is a bit on the cheesy side, but since I was also picturing a bit of power metal it kinda fits, lol.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone would want to have a go at this, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post and see.

Thanks!

Heh, yeah, I saw the post on the other thread. Actually I think Hylian Lemon did post it where he meant to, since the original poster had mentioned Link to the Past. But I guess it could be relevant here.

I did check it out... it was... okay. *shrug*

I dunno. I guess my idea's a little too restrictive for an OCR album, eh? It would certainly require a lot of collaboration and coordination, maybe moreso than a regular album would.

Still think it'd be a neat idea.

Aw well.

I think it's an excellent idea, actually, and not as restrictive as you might think. If you take some music artists ideas into consideration, it isn't uncommon to have instrumental intermission tracks, or even prelude/conclusion tracks in an album. Also, just having original lyrics with new music leaves different styles open for use; a swing track in the style of Count Basie is possible alongside a rock track a la Ozzy Osbourne. I don't know, you'd have to pick the right songs for each style.

This is definitely worth looking into and also matches a request that I posted a few days ago. I can play saxophone and have a keyboard with about 250 different voices if you're interested; I just don't have a program to clean it up. If you want to collaborate, hit me up this is a great idea.

Did I just inadvertantly start my own project here? O.o lol

I seriously doubt I could pull this off though. I was kinda hoping that, by posting this, someone more prominent in the remixing scene would take the idea and run with it. Lead the project and whatnot. I'd like to see this idea come to fruition, but I don't have the means or the experience to do so myself... y'know?

But I guess a lot of the metal-heads here are tied up in the FFIX project, eh? lol.

Lol, I'm not sure exactly. I think that this as a project would be a great idea to do, it would just be very difficult to pull off. There are some songs in the Zelda series that need to have a little softness to them, although it is definitely possible to have a kind of metalness to them. As a musician, I'm more of a swing/jazz artist, but I would be happy to help arrange anything that anyone has in mind. Just bear in mind that I don't have an arranging software, so everything is done by hand with a piano, a pencil, my friends guitar, and a whole lot of patience