*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Solitary Sorrows'

djpretzel

I apologize for the tags, I really have no idea what to do when it comes to them. I tried reading up on them, but I just couldn't understand it.

My remixer name is Darangen and the remix is from Final Fantasy 6 (SNES).

This is a remix of Gau's theme, with little hints of the Veldt as well near the end. It's a vocal mix as well, written through the eyes of Gau and how I think he feels.

Here is the setting of the song:

It's raining (obviously) and Gau is forced to take refuge in the cave on the veldt. He then sits just inside the entrance, looking out into the storm, thats when these thoughts come to his mind about how he's all alone and how he longs to find someone willing to accept him. He starts thinking about it and the person he'd like to meet and he gets a little joyful about it (4:35), but then reality hits him and he sees the storm again, making him remember that he's still all alone.

And in case the lyrics don't seem clear for you, here are the lyrics:

I've gone through many days like this

Never wanted or missed

Every day's the same

Endless recurring pain

No one's with me, regardless of wherever I roam

I feel empty, all alone

I never thought this day would end

Still alone, still no friends

Still alone by myself

I'm here but no-one else

Am I dreaming? Will this pain be gone if I ever wake?

This is more than I can take

'Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,

Old time is still flying..

For this same flower that smiles today,

Tomorrow will be dying..'

Forever walking down this road

No one cares, no one knows

The feeling inside of me

A passion that burns to be

So much nearer, to somebody that would understand

To show no fear, and take my hand

* The "Gather ye rosebuds..." part is a reading of the poem "To The Virgins, To Make Much of Time." *

Hope you like it, and thanks for listening. :)

- Michael 'Darangen' Boyd

"that was absolutely horrible. You're the worst singer i've ever heard."

okay, so it's not that bad. not by a long shot. but the singing is definately off-key in many places. on top of that the vocals are need....different reverb. the guitar is both played and recorded unimpressively.

the synths sound okay, the arrangement is fine in my book, but the recording is amateurish. you could probably polish it up a bit and make it much better.

NO

Man, the vocals are off and it really brings this mix down. But the background work is really cool and touching. Nice instrumentation and percussive work. I particularly liked the section around 2:40.

I am very fond of this mix, I hope you could try to get your vocals right, rerecord and resubmit. I would probably vote Yes on an instrumental version of this also. As it is, sad to give this a NO.

Vocals are really terrible. You've got a lot of intonation issues going on; things like that can only be fixed with lots of voice training etc. Lyrics are also corny, typical, and all around bad.

The guitar playing is pretty nice though, and there's a good groove and texture going on once the percussion comes in. However, that's not enough to negate the terrible vocals.

NO