OCR01232 - *YES* Raiden 2 'Airborne'

djpretzel

need to listen to the original closer, but I liked it - djp

my remixer name is tefnek (mixer id 403). heres a remix i did of the level 7 song from Raiden II. its called "airborne".

info about the game :

Game Name : Raiden II

Song Name : Level 7

Game System : arcade

Composer : Akira Satoh

the midi file of the original can be found here : http://www.voidaudio.net/audio/midi/Rdn2lvl7.mid

or i also uploaded it here : http://www.tefnek.com/Rdn2lvl7.mid

I would have liked the melody's levels to be more prominant versus the big beat levels, but overall everything was very solid. All of the frequencies were rich and full, so props on the production side. I thought the dynamics on the lead strings were average though, as I listened to the movement from one note to the next. I've heard Star Salzman do a better job using those same string samples.

The only thing I felt didn't gel with the big beat approach here was when the melody's notes went higher from 2:43 - 3:00. The energy of the finish at 3:48 was noticeably strong, but 1) that last cymbal hit at 4:23 completely rubbed me the wrong way as the strings were fading out, and then 2) some shrill synth faded in at 4:25, with the track immediately cutting off abruptly. (My copy of the track is 4:26 long. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe we need a fixed cut of the track just for that 2nd thing I mentioned.)

I had all those very minor problems with the mix, but those don't undermine the overall quality of the mix. This wasn't as interpretive as the arrangement of "Drop and Roll" at ALL, but I know a high quality genre adaptation when I hear it and this was it. Thanks a lot, Jack, for providing us with the source tune for comparison as well. I wish more people would do that. Hot stuff.

YES

First things first, thanks for posting the original for comparison. 8)

This is solid stuff. Very enjoyable; you had me dancing in my seat. Nice variation throughout the mix.

Malcos is right however; drums can be a bit loud at times, in comparison to the strings. Watch the balance.

Not much else to say that's already been said.

Nice work. YES

• 2 weeks later...

No prob. tef actually just mailed me back 2 hours after you posted:

fixed :)

i took out the rising feedback AND the cymbal, so i hope you like it!

thanks,

jack

Thanks a lot to Jack for considering the tweaks at the end there. Definitely a hot effort here, and with "Drop and Roll" and "Airborne" out I'll always be looking forward to tefnek's future stuff. Great work again!