Song of storms remix (Title pending)

Cardboardowl

Actually, there have been a few ReMixes with this song. It's named "Windmill hut" here.

http://ocremix.org/quicksearch/remix/?qs_query=windmill+hut

Back on topic...

You have a lot going on in this one. For some reason, the "Go Link" section just doesn't sit well with me, it could just be personal preference. Also, there are times when you have many parts flying around in the higher register, and during these times the sound can get a bit piercing. You did have clever use of game sounds, and I like how you used them to form another melodic line.

It's really not bad, I'd like to hear this later on. I hope I helped. :-o

Actually, there have been a few ReMixes with this song. It's named "Windmill hut" here.

http://ocremix.org/quicksearch/remix/?qs_query=windmill+hut

Back on topic...

You have a lot going on in this one. For some reason, the "Go Link" section just doesn't sit well with me, it could just be personal preference. Also, there are times when you have many parts flying around in the higher register, and during these times the sound can get a bit piercing. You did have clever use of game sounds, and I like how you used them to form another melodic line.

It's really not bad, I'd like to hear this later on. I hope I helped. :-o

thanks for the link.

As for the Go link section, I originally put in not really knowing if it would work, but it grows on you, and after listening to it a few times, it feels right.

As for the high register comment, I'm a little confused. I payed special attention to that and wanted to not had too many high floating parts because the nature of the original only has one instrument doing that.

So I actually never put more than one instrument above G4.

Other than that, glad you like it, and Be sure to look and see if I change anything or hopefully If i get it on the site itself.

Thanks for the attention and the support.

I noticed no one has done this song yet

Thanks a lot. :tomatoface:

Anyway, your mix has three big problems that will keep you from getting it on the site.

1) The sound. The notes all seem to be the same velocity, not much effort put into the performance. If you'd do all-out electronic stuff that wouldn't be so much a problem, but you're not. The guitar is especially ugly. Your lead synth isn't pretty either. Most, if not all of the instrumentation suffer from this (the accordion is a surprising exception).

2) The structure. You could basically play the whole song on top of a loop of the original. It's layered and personalized, but I think it's too close to the structure of the source. Don't get me wrong, there's clearly a new intro and a lot of added stuff, but structurally it's a loop of the original with slight changes.

3) The mixing. It's hard to hear anything under the Go Link! clip. The instrument levels and EQ is also raw, and makes the mix sound unrefined and unfocused.

Aside from that, you seem to rely on adding instrumentation and sound effects to keep the track interesting instead of writing dynamics in the instrument you already have. Much like I did a few years ago. A loop-based arrangement, loop this, add loop of this, remove loop of this... It's gonna be a problem if you're aiming for ocr. Not saying it can't be done, just saying it won't be easy.

It shows some promise tho, not so much for the mix, but for you as a remixer. Keep remixing, keep learning, have fun with it. :D

btw, are you using GarageBand? The instruments kind'a sound like GB's stuff.

Let me start off by saying your opening is pure epic WIN in my opinion. After that though, I'm pretty much going to have to agree with Rozovian. There is virtually no change from the original melody. The Go Link section and the soundbits from the game clashed with the music and didn't quite feel right. The opening started off so serious and like something you'd hear on Brutal Legend, then it goes into tech with amusing (that's how it came across to me) sounds from the game. If you listen to "Macarena of Time" (and if you haven't by now, shame on you) that's a song where sound samples really work with the tune, because it is meant to be humorous and go along with the music. For me, it just doesn't do it here. I really hope you continue to work with this, at least for the sake of the godlike opening.