Final Fantasy X WIP - Besaid

Tydin

Very much in the begining stages, but still after advice and anything else you wish to share with me, the completed track will be around 3 to 4 minutes long.

Just wanted to share what I have, and see if the feel of the song is working so far.

If you want, I am always looking for someone to collab with as well, so if you want to help out in a more personal way PM me your MSN or Skype.

Again, ANYTHING you think might make this better please tell me, and yes I know I'm staying true to the original melody, But I will tweak it somewhat in the end. I don't want to change it too much, there's a reason I chose this song, and it's because I love the original so much :):tomatoface:

Please look above to find the latest version of this WIP

Nice smooth sound. Not without issues tho. Guitars are easily fake, and something in the background is clashing, you should put that in the right key. Good start, nice sound. Might be a bit too conservative for ocr, take the rhythm or something into a new direction. :D

Brilliant :) Thanks for the good critique! I'm taking that all into concideration :razz:

I think I found what was clashing in the background and removed it. As for the guitar, I was aiming for a synthy sound to it, but if you think it might sound better with a real guitar, I could try to find someone who could play for me? Or just change it into a synth?

I'll post a update one what I have soon, but i'd still love more advice from everyone, so if you take the time to listen, please take the time to comment. Thankyou in advance everyone! Back to work I go! :sleepdepriv:

Brilliant :) Thanks for the good critique! I'm taking that all into concideration :razz:

I think I found what was clashing in the background and removed it. As for the guitar, I was aiming for a synthy sound to it, but if you think it might sound better with a real guitar, I could try to find someone who could play for me? Or just change it into a synth?

I'll post a update one what I have soon, but i'd still love more advice from everyone, so if you take the time to listen, please take the time to comment. Thankyou in advance everyone! Back to work I go! :sleepdepriv:

I'd always try to find someone to give you a live recording before resorting to synthing it - there's just something you can't replicate with a synth in a human's interpretation/rendition, on any instrument. And there's some really good guitarists in the OCRemix community; you could probably talk one of them into doing it for you.

But yeah. Definitely like what you've got going on with the remix so far - looking forward to where you take it!

UPDATE

Here's what I have so far >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhMPrnPr57I

Changed a few things, my speakers have blown :puppyeyes: So I'm having to work with just my headphones. Hoping this hasn't effected it too much. If I can't find a replacement for them I might have to ask someone out there to help me master this damn thing :P

Like the others suggested, a realz guitar would make me a VERY happy bunny, and I will be willing to help you out by any means that I can, if you can help me in this matter? And ofcourse credit you.

As always PLEASE comment, suggest and critque. I can take it like a big boy! :tomatoface::P

Edit: Forgot to mention again, always looking for someone to collab with, if your interested in helping with this peice or a new remix, PM me ;)

UPDATE

Well, here's what I have now.

Changed several things added some new bits too. Mostly Played with the velocity, might have over done it though I'm not sure?

I wasn't really sure what needed to be changed, being new and not getting any feedback on the last WIP

Getting the feeling no one is very interested in this remix? Lol

Hell, if your not a fan and don't think it's worth my time completing this please by all means say so. Bad feedback is better then none at all. :puppyeyes:

I have gotten to the point where I'm at a cross roads. Finish it, see if I can find a guitarist to play the lead and submit it, or just give up?

Clashing bass bells, and your lows and pretty out of control anyway. Some cuts to the lows would clean things up a bit. EQ.

Personally, I do not like voice clips in music, they distract. imo. They don't really improve the mix. You do, however, need something to make it more interesting. It gets into the slow groove and doesn't really do anything else. A second groove to make things more varied, a layer of percussion on top of the groove, some breaks, fills, stuff. A new version of a source melody, a session with new chords, a bassline, a filter sweep, something.

Basically, it's nice but boring. Boring not in a "nice and soft but I prefer more intense things"-way, but in a "very little happens, not very interesting to listen to"-way. You've got a good base to build on, decent sound, functional groove, etc..

keep it up. :)