[........]

No other place than this. No better place than this.

It helps to clarify whether you're posting something that you want to submit to ocr or not. Call it a cover if it's a cover, say you want to sub it if you want to sub it, etc.. People here generally go by ocr's standards, including the creative arrangement thing.

In any case, my crits still apply. For maximum enjoyability, some creative liberties are often necessary. Remember that the original was made to be accompanied by picture and interactivity, the music has to stand on its own. :)

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with a cover track. Covers can be great, in their own way but people are naturally going to assume that you're submitting to the site, so you'll probably get some flack for that by at least one or two members if you don't give the heads up.

Don't worry about it, just know where they're coming from - covers are nice, but they'll never get on the site. If that's not your goal then you know... don't worry about it. Just take notes in case you want to write something for here, sometime :).

EDIT: Not fair to come into a thread without listening tot he track & commenting, so here are my thoughts...

RAWR, NOT A REMIX, LAWL... j/k, we know it's a cover :)

Personally, I feel there's too much emphasis on harmonics in the track - I was expecting it to really open up and get 'heavy' after the harmonics laid the framework, but it never left the harmonics :(. They're really great for an effect, but if they're used for too long then they tend to hurt the ears a little (I mean this literally, because of the high frequencies).

The drums are mediocre - I can tell that they are a simple repeated pattern from a drum machine (especially that pattern repeating at 1:22 - ouch...). The militaristic 'march' pattern you have could work, but you really, REALLY need to adjust the velocities on the snare in order to make it sound realistic. Cover or not, please do more with the drums.

Otherwise, it's not bad at all (as a cover, of course ;) )