*NO* Castlevania 3 'Vamp Club Dance'

djpretzel

A few friends wrote me and ask for me to submit these two songs for ya. I'm not too sure that they'll fly with you guys, but the worst you can do is say no, and that's cool too. Any who, here you go:

Vamp Club Dance (castlevania 3 remix)

A fun little song that threw together. You'll have to excuse me for going through a "Club" music phase right now. Just one of those things.

Dream Oath Poem from FF6

Actually, this was for a BEER remix, but I way undershot the song for the requirements. Well, the song is a beatnick poem (spoken by me) of the Opera Song.

Well, there you go.

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/castlev3.zip - NSF Track 2

Yeah, I pimped these for VGF a few weeks ago. The FF6 poem was kind of amusing actually. Pretty cool stuff if you're a Daknit fan, but yeah, this won't fly here I'm afraid. I'm not a sample whore, but the sample quality is way below what we're looking for now. In effect, the submissions standards have passed BD by. The production's very solid though, which is honestly somewhat ironic given that the actual music itself is so scattershot.

Not much going on at all regarding rearrangement; this sticks pretty close to the original. When the melody came in at :53, it just sounded completely incoherent with regards to the harmony involved. I'd go as far as saying that it's a step down from the original. After one loop, it's more of the same stuff at 2:20, so on the development side this doesn't pass either. The various voice samples were a cool idea, but didn't fit comfortably with the music like they should have. This tries to sound Gothic while also being a dance mix but ultimately ends up as a poor execution of both styles. No go.

NO

Daknit seems to still be having an issue with nsf ripping, relying on random sound clips/drumloops, and keeping any kind of semblence of harmony and key.

The bass is off key from beginning to the end. Usually when people rip off an nsf and replace the instruments, they use tuned instruments as to avoid ridiculously off key end results. Some people never get the hang of it, apparently.

I would recommend not to submit to ocremix again until you resolve the issues I brought up in the first paragraph.

NO OVERRIDE