Megaman Zero Collection

Gollgagh

So, where they saving all of their good music until MMZ2?

Playing through the whole of the first game without a memorable tune, and now right off the bat the soundtrack pulls a paradigm shift and becomes great?

Huh.

It looks like Z2 is formatted much more like a traditional X game as opposed to 1, now.

I disagree in part about the music. I think Neo Arcadia's theme is quite memorable. Generally, though, no disagreement: Z1's music is good, but forgettable. Z2 is an improvement, but Z3 and 4 is really where the series thrives musically. Zero 3 has some of the best, most memorable music in the series.

In terms of the formatting, Z2-4 are traditional X games, though there is a noticeable increase in Zero 3 in the level count.

Also, Tinus, don't know where you are, but you can probably import from America pretty easily if you want to play this set. No region locking on the DS =)

Overflow, it's called restarting your saved game.

Plus, go to a grinding area (like Disposal or something) and use the "Foes drop items" elf, and if you keep on whacking away, you'll eventually have foes drop continues. That's why I went into the final level with 8 continues.

So does the elemental weaknesses remain the same this whole time throughout?

Hooo, crap, this game is hard. I also have to say: I don't think it was designed very well. I've been able to only beat one of the first few missions (Destroy the Train), but I have no lives left. So, what, I only get ONE chance now for every level, and if I fail I HAVE to give up, and never get to try again? C'mon! And no, I'm not going to play on easy mode.

You'll be glad to know that doesn't carry over to the second game. In MMZ2 you can continue the same mission as many times as you like (you just can't pick other missions without re-loading your save game.)

Also, it's a good idea to grind enemies while you're NOT engaged in a mission because:

1) You can get a lot of EC from it, which lets you level up your Cyber Elves and gives you an easier time.

2) You level up your weapons faster, thus making enemies and missions in general somewhat easier when you go to them. (A fully chargeable Z-Saber is deadly.)

3) You earn a lot of lives, you'll easily have 9 lives (the maximum) by the time you're done so you'll be able to continue missions a lot more. (Charlemagne said you need some Cyber Elf that does some "foes drop items" thing or something but I never used any elf but the subtank ones, so you shouldn't need it.)

If you spend a few minutes grinding at the Disposal Center in-between missions you'll have a way better time.

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I beat Zero 1 after some difficulty, but fairly conservatively (not a lot of cyber-elves, etc). I beat Zero 2 finding it relatively easier (aside from the final level where you fight the two beetle bros. at the same time), but without getting any of the EX skills (I'll work on that sometime later).

Now, I'm playing Zero 3.

Did they just decide to ramp up the difficulty for this one, or is it just me? I swear, I'm having a hell of a time getting to ANY boss (haven't done it yet!), I find these weird green doors that I go through and nothing seems to happen or change about the map, and everything is killing me and the lack of chain rod is busting my Mega Balls.

Aye yay yay, how frustrating! I haven't beaten anything other than the damn intro stage!

What gives?

-----

As an aside, anyone play the ZX series? They any good?

The ZX series is decent, but my main complaint about it is that it's hella easy to get lost and or hard to find where you're supposed to go for your mission objectives.

I mean I know some people were clamouring for capcom to bring back the one-big-map system from MMZ1, but good lord ZX and ZXA are convoluted as nuts