Mega Man 7 "Junk Male" (YET AGAIN, 10TH JULY)

Actually, hang on. For some reason, my drums are now all unbalanced, despite the fact that I haven't touched them. Something's gone wrong somewhere. Ignore this version. I need to go back.

EDIT: OK, I've reuploaded a not-fucked-up version. Sorry about that. Changes I've made are: I've nibbled at the upper mids, fiddled with the troublesome strike at 2.27, and shaved a few seconds off the fadeout. Hope you like it better. :)

EDIT 2: I'm marking the thread for Mod Review, I wanna make moves towards getting this subbed. :)

Hmm... well, I don't see very many glaring issues, but overall the arrangement is pretty simple and doesn't take any risks. The only thing that really stood out to me was the first melody you play, the 4th note of the melody sounds out of time, or awkward for some reason. When you play the same melody with a different synth, the problem isn't there, so I think it's just got something to do with the sequencing just being a little clunky with the first synth.

Other than that, though, it's a good remix to listen to, but it's too close to the original source tune to be submittable. If you really want to submit to OCR, you'd need to rework the structure and the melodies to make them a lot more personalized, which might just be more trouble than it's worth since you'd have to redo a lot of this from the ground up. As it stands though, I'd suggest finishing this up and submitting it to http://remix.thasauce.net/ and getting some exposure that way, because your current arrangement is too basic to pass the OCR panel.

Sorry, I still enjoyed the remix for what it was worth, but I don't think it's OCR material.

I think I'm going to agree with Emunator on this one - I'm not as good as him when it comes to 'conservative' vs 'liberal', so I didn't catch it before.

You should certainly send it to remix.thasauce.net, though - some exposure is better than none, and this track is certainly worthy of the public ear :nicework:.

I agree with you - start a new mix and learn from this one. Good work, at any rate; I still enjoy it much!

Ouch, that's a kick in the shorts. I thought I was getting somewhere with this one. :puppyeyes:

Oh, well. I'm bored of this track anyway. I'm going to start another new one.

Don't get me wrong, there's a market for tracks like these that are well-produced and enjoyable, but perhaps too much on the conservative side, that market just isn't OCRemix. There's still options to get your work out there (especially when the title of the mix is as funny as yours :tomatoface: )