KOF'96 Esaka's orchestra-electronic-metal remix

OK I know rhythm guitars have something wrong, I'll fix it. My question is about rest of the track (bass, drums..). And as you can hear I have big problem in solo. I can try again, but if someone can play solo..) I will be honored) Anyway theres link

http://fairtilizer.com/track/123807

If someone interest.. Tell me) Thanks! Sorry for Of topic!!!!

• 4 months later...

I'm back to this! Now its way different and I want to submit it(well.. try to submit).

Theres no bass for now, cause I have some problems with my bass guitar.

I'm hoping for feedback, cause this mix have potential, I think.

And Your advice and critics are more then welcome!!

I used here some orchestration and I like how this orchestra-metal sounds.

http://tindeck.com/listen/zpct

Thank you for your time!

Overall this sound pretty solid to me. The drum track has a really nice fast pump to it with lots of well placed fills here and there that keep it interesting. The tone on the rhythm guitar is also good, but if i had to nitpick i would say that maybe it could use a little bit more lows cause it seems to get overpowered sometimes (like at the end after the cool harmony part for instance). The rhythm playing itself is really good. I like the riffs you use here.

The main criticism i could level at the mix is probably regarding the lead. I think it could really benefit from some cool harmonies interspersed throughout (maybe another guitar, or a synth). I think it would make the whole thing sound a lot more dynamic if you played some of the melodies at a higher octave as well. All that said, the lead is certainly not bad, I just think it could be improved with some dynamics.

Pretty good stuff regardless, if you ask me.

• 3 months later...

Wooo!! FOUR month.. I almost forgot about this remix..

Anyway HELLO!! Some update!

I changed.. EVERYTHING!!:mrgreen:

Solo synth + guitar section added, changed arrangement, rerecorded guitars and lot of other changes, editing.

Some problems in first two leads(guitar), rhythm guitars issues and some time issues.. Thats what I can hear right now.

REMIX: http://official.fm/tracks/212215

I counting on your thoughts guys! Thanks for attention!

P.S. NO EQ'ing at all in this remix, NO compression, NO normalization here btw))

My main concern is that the drums seem to lack punch. The snare in particular just doesn't seem to have quite enough power IMO. It doesn't really bother me too much, though.

I like the song :)

EDIT: Slightly off topic...I was wondering if you could throw up a download link for "Ghosts of War". I love that track so much. I want to have it on my MP3 player.

That synth at the start is a bit piercing on the mid-highs.

Drums are nice and varied. Liking that lead guitar. Rhythm guitar timing could be tightened up a bit.

In general, it sounds like you're trying to push the volume a little too hard and it's causing some distortion. It goes on for a long time too, so it gets a bit fatiguing on the ears. The rhythm guitars especially seem to be taking more than their fair share of room.

So yeah, I'd focus most on the mixing right now, because there's a lot of competition for space. I can barely hear a low thud from the kick, for example, but when the rhythm guitar plays sustained notes takes up a lot of space. 3:20 specifically is so loud, things are just getting squashed out.

Honestly, I didn't like the ending drum part. The other parts are ok, but the exposed straight 8th note snares just kinda seemed odd. Maybe a better fill or something else would work here instead.

Overall, this is a great rock track. Love the orchestral elements as well. Try to get the levels & mixing under control and bring it back here. :)

Firs of all.. Thanks for review!

Update:stats.png

You right about rhythm guitars, there was no distortion pedal(i used only amp's gain) I had some doubts about that sound. Thank you for force me to change it.

I used some EQ on synth to make it little more softer and I like it much more now.

Also had some changes in play for guitars section, some drums update, changed ending, and some level-up in bass guitar section.

And of course lots of changes in mixing.

Thank you again! What do you think about it?

How bad is it now?:mrgreen:

This is pretty neat, your drum writing is really good and your mixing is pretty punchy. I'm a little worried that your rhythm guitars are knocking the intensity out of your lead though, which doesn't feel quite like it's cutting through. Try turning your rhythm guitars down a bit and letting your lead guitar take the spotlight a little bit more. In the sections where there's no rhythm guitar playing, your lead sounds really nice so I know it's not a bad recording :-)

Overall, I like this quite a bit. Without much more effort I think this could be ready for submission, but the mixing isn't quite there yet.

Thank you for attention!! I think I understand your thoughts about rhythm-lead guitar mixing. I'm gonna try it. The only thing that worries me in this .. I want to keep that power. And it depends of rhythm guitars loudness, I think.. But I may be wrong! I'm still a n00b) So I'm gonna try your advice and post here later today.

Thank you!

Update:mrgreen::stats.png

I drop rhythms in some sections a bit in loudness. It still have some power imo, but lead guitar more in front now.

Am I moving in right direction? Sorry for asking for feedback at each step, but I'm trying to find myself and, your thoughts GREAT help for me to make good and quality music and bla, bla..:tomatoface:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME GUYS!!

Edit: Source again:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It2Bm...eature=related